Have you got any logs left ??

Dave Martin

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sold out my first year and sold 100m3, still got kiln dried hardwood kindling for sale - will have to build up more stock for next year and hope for another cold one!!! Just joined site and learnt a lot from reading posts Happy New Year!

Out of curiosity, how do you find the hardwood kindling goes compared to softwood. Are there any advantages?

Once the local garages garden centers moved over to hardwood sticks i have not looked back, although they did need convincing. The sticks do take a bit more to get going, however, had real positive feedback they don't spit and a lot of people on coal have said they are much better for getting wet coal going, so all good! I have sold soft wood in the past and I now prefer hardwood sticks myself, it has moisture content 9-15% so doesn't smoke much.

Thats why you are run off your feet fella, get the price up to reality.

You will earn more money without the graft.:thumbup:

market forces determine the price per cubic metre down here most people are charging £60 per cubic metre and some charging less is no good bump in the price up if no one buys it especially as my only come is fire wood that's all I do is all what to do

• 3 weeks later...
i did notice every1 in fri-ad was around £60m3, i didnt bother to advertise there for that reason!!!!

Is it hardwood is it seasoned and do they deliver 1cu or is it a .56 builders bag. At £80 a cu round here cant get my hands on enough cord. With new prices will need to be £95 a cube next year.