Getting too old to climb...

MrArb

You don't stop doing things because you get old, you get old because you stop doing things.

If you climb because you have too or because you want to call your self a climber, then age can be a great excuse to quit, but if you are a climber and you love it and its why you do this job, then your age is just a number and there is no reason to stop.

I'm 41 and still going strong, I have no intention of ever stopping.

What those who are older lack in youthful energy they more than make up for in experience and cunning.

You don't stop doing things because you get old, you get old because you stop doing things..

This is sooo true.

I took on a Supervising role when I was 29ish, and slowly relinquished climbing on a regular basis.

Now at 41, i still climb a little, but boy is it harder than it should be :blushing:

Once Gibbon like, a lot more Silver Back like now :001_rolleyes:

I think im getting too old for this, but...

i think thats a mental thing because im working under conditions I hate, for a control freak who rewards efficiency with extra tasks, the harder i work, the harder we work!

It defeats me mentaly, and makes me long to be doing something else, but...

I use my lunch breaks to look for ancients or veterans and fungi, my days off (rare) are spent doing the same, and my evenings are spent here on the AT forum.

deep down I love what I do, and always will.

This is sooo true.

I took on a Supervising role when I was 29ish, and slowly relinquished climbing on a regular basis.

Now at 41, i still climb a little, but boy is it harder than it should be :blushing:

Once Gibbon like, a lot more Silver Back like now :001_rolleyes:

There was a foreign corespondent on radio 4 the other day, who was reporting from some where in South America. She had be taking to some of the guys who break in wild horses.

One guy was 92 and still breaking horses!!:001_huh:

She asked him his secret, his reply was "For gods sake don't ever stop!!":thumbup:

There was a foreign corespondent on radio 4 the other day, who was reporting from some where in South America. She had be taking to some of the guys who break in wild horses.

One guy was 92 and still breaking horses!!:001_huh:

She asked him his secret, his reply was "For gods sake don't ever stop!!":thumbup:

Regrets, I've had a few.............

:biggrin: