get the price right?

Czlowiek Drzewo

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cost calculations should be ralatively straight forward...

every possible expence for the year divided by the number of days you expect to work. Everything beyond this is profit.

My boss turns a team of 2 out (doing everything to the book) at £300 per day and thats making a modist profit. Would love to chare more like the £400 mark but the local market simply wont take it. Quote any more than £150 per man per day and someone or everyone will undercut you!

Ive been having a think and looking at what others earn on here and from next year I plan running a 2 man team at £50K a day and doing 2 days a year.:thumbup1:

If you can't earn that then it's not worth bothering IMHO. Anyhting less is just undervaluing the industry.:thumbdown:

It has nothing to do with your local economic market, how efficient you are, or anything silly like that.:thumbup:

Ive been having a think and looking at what others earn on here and from next year I plan running a 2 man team at £50K a day and doing 2 days a year.:thumbup1:

If you can't earn that then it's not worth bothering IMHO. Anyhting less is just undervaluing the industry.:thumbdown:

It has nothing to do with your local economic market, how efficient you are, or anything silly like that.:thumbup:

I tried that last year, but could only find one £50,000 job and had to do 20p jobs for the rest of the year :001_cool:

There has to be a bottom figure, simply because we all (if we are doing things right) have a certain amount of fixed overheads

If you run shagged out gear you will have a lower fixed overhead than someone who runs up to date nice machinery.

But we all have fixed overheads

Chipper

Fuel

Servicing

Tool

Loler

WCL

Insurance PL

Insurance vehicle

Insurance tools

Insurance EL

training

250.00 for two guy's for a day is ok, thats similar to what i would charge job and equiptment dependant

what u going to do when u can climb no more

i assume £250 is cash job

u need in this business to charge at least £400 per day for 2 men inc. equipment

rates can though get up to 600-700 depends on the speed u work. Obviously the odd 'lucky' big price usually when u didn't want the job

I always price for the job but have a day rate in my head

price also depends on how busy you are looking forward

There has to be a bottom figure, simply because we all (if we are doing things right) have a certain amount of fixed overheads

If you run shagged out gear you will have a lower fixed overhead than someone who runs up to date nice machinery.

Chipper

Fuel

Servicing

Tool

Loler

WCL

Insurance PL

Insurance vehicle

Insurance tools

Insurance EL

training

When did you get a WCL?:001_tongue:

No seriously though I agree there does have to be a minimum if as you say we follow the above.

But, I dont think you can put a figure on the amount unless you be very specific about everything.

You say £450 a day for 2 men but I know for a fact I can do it cheaper and others cheaper than me still.We would all be certified, insured, paying taxes running gear to HSE standards etc etc.

One BIG factor is the time you put in, your day rate will be higher as you only work 3 days a week compared to my 5 compared to lads I know that basically work 7 days a week and much longer hours.

I think we all need to not get hung up on someone undercutting us and thinking they must be taking cash and using nicked gear as seems to be the general opinion.

I have seen people on here mention day rates that stretch from £100 per man per day right up to £1000 per man per day.

Its best to just not worry and more importantly not slag people off for it.:001_smile:

Chipper

Fuel

Servicing

Tool

Loler

WCL

Insurance PL

Insurance vehicle

Insurance tools

Insurance EL

training

in my experience using shagged out gear increases your costs as time is wasted fixing