Hello and thanks

bofh

Guy's I have to say this forum is excellent, I've spent a few day's reading through the various posts in the Firewood section and enjoyed all of them. I feel I've learned a great deal in a short time and got a good deal of helpful info. It's the members that make or break a forum :thumbup1:

Better introduce myself, I'm Gavin from north Kent, rapidly heading towards 40 and rapidly heading away from my office job of 15 years :001_cool:

I'm looking for a career change and probably a life style change if I'm honest. I've settled on the supply of Firewood and it's derivatives as a possible new business hence why I'm here trying to learn what I can.

What I'm after is a steady base from which I can hopefully diversify a little as and when I can, ideally I'd like to re-invest any profit into bringing un-managed coppice back into rotation in my area. I'm also very interested in the possibility of new woodland creation for the future.

I have a fair few uses for woodland that I'd like to try as and when I can afford to purchase land, but for now I'm looking to find my feet and my place to fit in.

I'd really appreciate any advice you guys might want to give, good or bad :001_smile:

Welome to the site, i hope things work out for you. be prepared though, there isnt a lot of money in this job and there is no guarantee of work or a wage but by hell its a bloody good job.

as whats said above,blinking hard graft but it is a great free easy life with no corperate numpties in suits giving you earache.

If you need any advice when you purchase some land feel Free to drop me a message,I'm in process of planning out a plantation on my own land using the EWGS grants.

Wish you all the best in your new endeavour :).I myself went fom high end MOD security to doing this full time.I'm not as rich but I am damn happy and I've never looked back.

Also not to hi Jack but I'd Also like to offer a hearty thank you to all on the forumn,as all lthe advice is absolutly priceless!.And you hav all helped me no end,spot on group of people on here

It was a pleasure to show Gavin around the woods today, he has a real appreciation of trees. I wish I could have told him some more, but I'm just an amateur.

If anyone local wants to pass on some arb knowledge you could do a lot worse than invite him for a walk around your site, clever bloke and a sponge for information.