Heres one for ya...

Hodge

We offer a stacking service and clearly state so on our paperwork but we dont mind if people are not being too unreasonable.Only the other day delivered firewood to what turned out to be a transvestite.I couldnt turn down the request to put them in the shed because I felt sorry for the guy in a dress with 5 o clock shadow and a voice like terry wogan.

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi there this is the way I would look at it if I was selling logs or any service for me is my tree and garden care company .

The customer has a choice of so many places to get there logs ,trees and gardens sorted . my service has to be better and different to the rest as I want my service or product to stand out amounst the rest and want the customer to choose my service over the others and want my new customer to come back to me for repeat business and tell there friends.

If it were logs I was doing I would offer to help them stack them give a bit of time to for a little chat each time so they get to know me better and warm to me so then they want me and my logs again rather then them thinking sod this I will go else where as did not like that chap very much .

. looking at this this way it changes things . I allways go over and above and bend over backwards for all of customers it may cost me a little time and sometimes patients but it pays me/ you big time in the long term plan of it all as if they like you and what you offer they will be back again and again and there freinds to.

Sometimes its not just the product we are selling that sells it self it can be you as a person the customer is paying for if they like the person behind the product they usually buy your product.

Just my humble opinion all the best

Littetree:thumbup:

I took a load of logs out top a guy yesterday, 25 mile round trip so i had priced accordingly:001_smile: got to his house and i was asked to back down drive and put it in front of his garage/car. I tipped off and pulled out of the drive and parked up. I went back to get paid which is when the fun starts... "how much do i owe you?" "£100 please"......"ok, if you help me put it away i will follow you to the cash machine"......."sorry putting wood away is another £15". "oh, how am i going to put it all away?"........" I will take a check thanks, see ya".

i couldnt believe the craftyness of it>>:lol:

got a nerve, do you take cheques.!? had one bounce on me once so don"t take them anymore . went back to the person and they coughed up but its the hassle of it!

I know its a hard one what you could do is add on 5 quid on all your loads overall . for most of them you will not have to stack but when you do need to stack for them you can do it with a smile and your welcome . the customer thinks your such an nice guy and have not charged any more for it . that way you have made the money in a diffent way to cover your time

Well its just a thought

all the best

Hi there this is the way I would look at it if I was selling logs or any service for me is my tree and garden care company .

The customer has a choice of so many places to get there logs ,trees and gardens sorted . my service has to be better and different to the rest as I want my service or product to stand out amounst the rest and want the customer to choose my service over the others and want my new customer to come back to me for repeat business and tell there friends.

If it were logs I was doing I would offer to help them stack them give a bit of time to for a little chat each time so they get to know me better and warm to me so then they want me and my logs again rather then them thinking sod this I will go else where as did not like that chap very much .

. looking at this this way it changes things . I allways go over and above and bend over backwards for all of customers it may cost me a little time and sometimes patients but it pays me/ you big time in the long term plan of it all as if they like you and what you offer they will be back again and again and there freinds to.

Sometimes its not just the product we are selling that sells it self it can be you as a person the customer is paying for if they like the person behind the product they usually buy your product.

Just my humble opinion all the best

That's why I'm better off just pressing 'tip' and leaving with the cash!

I always state that the quoted price is just for tipping, but I am happy to stack for extra cash/sexual favours.