What do you reckon to this?

TimberCutterDartmoor

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hope he can back that statement up otherwise trading standards will have a field day. Oh that reminds me the farm is being spot checked by trading standards tomorrow.:001_rolleyes:

What so special about kiln dried I can easily get below 15% MC in a polytunnel maybe I should market the virtues of Solar Dried as compared to the global warming Kiln Dried.

What you have there is a "solar kiln" - very green, very eco, very efficient. yes promote it!!

I thought that until I did some maths:001_huh:

1.26mx1.26mx1.26m (Just over 4' cube) works out at 2m cubed :001_smile:

Pity thats not the size of crate quoted which is 1.2mx1.0mx1.2m which in my books is only just over 1.4 cubed. To get 2 cube on a standard 1.2mx1m pallet it would need to be 1.7m high. As I said trading standards would have a field day.

If you tipped 2 cube of loose fill out and restacked I am sure you could get it into a 1.4 cube box but I have not got the time to prove it.

Edited by renewablejohn

i like the measurements for 2cube as you say 1.2x1x1.2 is definately no where near 2 cube,

and we just had a bottle of wine of a fairly new client picked up this year, had his second load of us, he says our air dired is way better than previously bought CW kiln dried, ours lasts and no tar given off etc, - another old customer who we said the price had to go up from last year - to £168 for 2m3 said, well i dont mind paying as there the best logs ive had for many years and ive tried eveyone!

as i say, kiln dried is ok, but you could describe them as rocket fuel, as they go up like a torch, but only if kept the right way, once put in a damp area, they suck up moisture like a sponge - i dont have a problem with kiln dried but it reads that eveything else other suppliers supply is rubbish - imo

j.

People must have money to burn, literally, if they go there. If they sell any, good luck to them. And being slightly picky, they don't even mention what hard woods they actually sell. From experience every customer I sell to asks what type/s of wood I have.

A place just down the road from me sells kiln dried oak in 1.2 cubic meter crates (which it advertises as 2 cubic meters), they charge £250 per crate, and best of all it's all stacked outside with no cover on it :D ... I see the place every weekend and since the wood was stacked there, in April, only half a crate has gone! Says it all really.