Gloves

grumpydavesmith

timberland extra grip for me, i think they are very good:thumbup:

They are very comfortable to wear but they only last about 4 weeks before they start to get ripped by the 6th week you may as well throw awway! I have had two pairs and I do like them but for the expense they just don't last long enough!

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yeh i think just changing cheap gloves for dry ones every few hours is the best option. I have even used a pair of marigolds under my cheap gloves for when i'm up the tree for a long time. been thinking about wetsuit gloves too after using them at the weekend for surfing, might try an old cheap pair for climbing in.

Both Showa Thermos and Tegeras from Yve Clark rotated as and when work for me. On really cold/wet days I slip in a one-use heat pack.

May try Sealskinz this winter as well. Also fancy a pair of large heated mitts to shove my frozen hands into now and again!

What did you use on exercise when you were in Dave?

Wish I could recommend some gloves but never use gloves unless hedge laying or dealing with thorny plants. Have tried most but always left with lack of feeling, they get wet, loose grip and generally feel unsafe climbing in them. Get through lots of handcream to keep the leather palms supple and keep onside with the missus.

I had some goretex gloves when i was "in", but they totally unsuitable for tree work. I normally use the yellow grip gloves but they starting to play havoc with my joints now its cold and wet. Sealskinz are the way forward but they wont last 2 mins on conifers etc.

Was also wondering how you guys protect your lower arms when climbing?? i only ever wear a t -shirt as im naturally a warm person!! but somedays i look like i been mauled by a dog. I tried the nike and underarmour long sleeve vests but i end up being too hot. Any suggestions??

Dave

i use portwest high viz thermal gloves great for climbing in they last about a week of climbing in perfect condition then they start to peel slowly after that and they are very toasty :thumbup1:

Portwest High Visability Thermal Grip Gloves - Medium - Transtools

I'll second this - been wearing a pair of these today and am well impressed,pleasantly warm with a good grip,think that they will last a couple of weeks at least,only in a hedge today,but think they could be pretty good up a tree.

Brought mine at Toolstation and payed an extra pound for my trouble!

I had some goretex gloves when i was "in", but they totally unsuitable for tree work. I normally use the yellow grip gloves but they starting to play havoc with my joints now its cold and wet. Sealskinz are the way forward but they wont last 2 mins on conifers etc. Was also wondering how you guys protect your lower arms when climbing?? i only ever wear a t -shirt as im naturally a warm person!! but somedays i look like i been mauled by a dog. I tried the nike and underarmour long sleeve vests but i end up being too hot. Any suggestions??

Dave

Done lots of conifer hedges with mine on and a few hawthorn!!

i climb in mine,fence and the odd bit landscaping i find them tougher than most give them credit for.