General Tree pics

Andy Collins

Yes David, fortunately. I did my nana a little over the removals so we are going to replant a grove of Totara during next year's planting season. How long they last is another issue. Already had some (alleged) local apartments owner go and snap the tops out of 5 trees planted along the lake front that were supposed to replace some hideous Oaks.

. Already had some (alleged) local apartments owner go and snap the tops out of 5 trees planted along the lake front that were supposed to replace some hideous Oaks.

I've heard that's a regular event in NZ.

Personally think the book should be thrown at those individuals involved in the vandalism of publically owned trees (view or no view) :thumbdown:

I've heard that's a regular event in NZ.

Personally think the book should be thrown at those individuals involved in the vandalism of publically owned trees (view or no view) :thumbdown:

Tell that to the folk of salford!:sneaky2:

Sent from Rob's GalaxySII

It is a reasonably common event along with poisoning of trees that are blocking views. What gets my goat is that the view isn't exactly blocked. In the case of the Poplars the trees were there way before the house was built and decades before the current owner bought the place. Regarding the lake front trees; we actually planted lower growing trees in order that we could remove some really ugly topped Pin Oaks and have something in their place that would not grow to obstruct the view and that did not need annual maintenance but this particular (alleged) eejit never though of that. And in any case, as I said above, the view isn't blocked they just don't get a 180 degree unobstructed view. Shoot em at dawn I say. Seriously though, the team leader of the crews that planted the trees was almost in tears and I was furious. If I could nail the guy I sure as hell would make sure the book was duly chucked full force.

tommer, I have a ton of regret....too many to mention. My mother is 60 and lives alone....seeing her walk away while trying to hold it together that last time, I'll never forget it, or forgive myself. I'll give it a year or two and see how it goes. Thanks

Crikey Reg, really sorry to hear that.:001_huh:

I am sure things will work out for the best. Time is, as they say, a great healer, and you obviously had a calling. I feel a bit weird about the comment i made now:blushing:

tommer, I have a ton of regret....too many to mention. My mother is 60 and lives alone....seeing her walk away while trying to hold it together that last time, I'll never forget it, or forgive myself. I'll give it a year or two and see how it goes. Thanks

Difficult choice you've had to make.

I left my family behind when I came to work in the UK, with my Dad really struggling to make the family farm work. It was a tough decision to make but it worked out all ok for us. We have the benefit of the Netherlands (my home) being very close and easy to get to. I have learned from my mum (who is also 60) that even 60 year-old women can travel to come and see their babies abroad.:001_cool:

I think giving it some time to work itself out like you said is the best thing.

From the pics you've posted it definately looks worth it though:thumbup1:

. I feel a bit weird about the comment i made now:blushing:
ah dont be silly, you asked a fair question, but the answer is obviously not so black and white.

If I could afford somewhere on the southwest coast, North Devon perhaps, I wouldn't want to live anywhere else....but I would think it difficult to find my particular niche of work down that way. Doesn't matter though, I will see how things pan out hear over the next year. Thanks

Edit: thanks Rover