Tax Credits!

Mick Stockbridge

I have to agree with what Dean says that why should people that don't work or work minimal hours to get full claims be able to have 'luxuries'? But i would just like to say that this thread seems to pigeon hole people (those that claim and those that don't) which isn't a fair take on things. My wife gets up at 4.30 four mornings a week to get to work at five and then finish at 7.15 so i can go to work and she also works two mornings a week whilst my youngest child is still at nursery. I work a full time job and then when i come home i get in my own ute and go out and do private jobs. My wife works all weekend every other weekend (i.e. sat 6 am -6.30pm and sun 8 - 4.15) I work every saturday and yes you've guessed it we claim for working tax credits as our wages aren't all that!! So i feel that lumping us in with people that don't do anything is more than a little unfair. All i will say is that to those that don't claim anything that it is very hounourable but never say never as you don't know what the future may hold and what help you may need. Pride comes before a fall. I don't mind looking after these children i have and working hard to do so, the same children that will be supporting the economy whilst all us lot are getting our pensions!!

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I intend to work for as long as I can and then live off of my savings. I genuinely want nothing off no one, that way I dont have to answer to anyone.

Fair enough, if it makes you happy :001_smile:

But we pay National Insurance, which are basically the premiums for an insurance policy. Many of the people who are claiming from this insurance have never paid any premiums.

I have always paid my premiums and will claim if I am entitled.

this little story helped me mate in understanding why I thought a certain way.

A happily married man that worked very hard every day had a beautiful wife and baby, 1 day his wife fell ill and they were told that there was nothing they could do to save her, the man was distraught, he had never done any wrong in his life and paid all his bills and been honest and this was happening to him.

He then heard that there was a farmicist in the nieghbouting town who could make him a miracle drug that would save his wifes life, he gathered every bit of money he could together and headed over, he walked intot he chemist and asked for help, No bother said the chemist, that will be £2000 please, the guy was gutted and said he only had £1000, the chemist said sorry its £2k or nothing, the guy then said, what if i give you the £1k and i will pay you back as soon as i can. The chemist said NO, its £2k or nothing. The guy pleaded and pleaded, told his story but the chemist said NO.

The guy left and went and sat in his car crying, he looked up and saw the chemist lock up his shop and go home, so he got out his car, broke in and stole the drug, went home, and saved his wifes life.

Now do you think the guy was right or wrong for what he did?

Yeah of course he was wrong, he was probably on tax credits so had a wealth of gadgets and luxuries that he could have flogged to make up the grand and pay the pharmacist instead of breaking into his premises and risk getting caught and sent down which would have left his wife on her own......:laugh1: