Novel ways of getting fit

christreeroot

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A lot of people say, "ooh, tree surgery must keep you fit"

Where in reality it does nothing of the sort, it tones you up, gives you strength and makes you sweat, but imo does nothing for aerobic fitness and stamina fitness.

I reckon that circuit training is the quickest way to get fit (as in fit) followed by endurance training such as cross country running.

What makes me chuckle is when you see the office types out running with a stupid little bottle of water, whats all that about?

Fair play to them for making the effort, but bin the bottle people, you'll not die of dehydration on a 2k run. i have great respect for over weight people out running, (I'd best get my trainer on:001_smile:)at least they are doing something about it.

Now strap 70lb to your back, run 10 mile in full combats and boots, plus rifle and you may need fluids.

Try short runs with weights for stamina training and gradually increase distance and speed as fitness increases.

:call::date::008::smokin:

I dont speak much smilie, but let me see if i get this right.

You are advocating, as methods of improving fitness,

telephone conversations, delivering flowers, engaging in sexual intercourse whilst wearing headphones, and smoking cigarettes?

Muay Thai - Thai Boxing.

It pretty much consists of skipping, circuit training, endurance, bag work, pad work, grappling, sparing and flexibility. Ok, not everyone wants to be punched, kicked, knee'd or elbowed in the shnozzer, but then the general format for training is a good one. As is boxing and other combat sports. apart form the injuries which can be a bummer with this line of work.