Climber V groundie pay ratio????

skyhuck

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

just because a climber can do the groundy's job dont mean he as good as it,and i know a few old forestry blokes that could wipe the floor with the amount of work done compared to some tree surgeons

Yes, but you are not comparing like with like, if that same guy could also climb would he not be worth more??

If you get two great workers, both grafters, both punctual, both great cutters, but one can climb and one can't, who's worth more??, who could do every job??

Interesting thread this.

Just to throw my ten in, what if a climber cant (or wont) do the groundies job?

I have two groundies(with rescue tickets) that sub to me that will turn up EVERY morning fresh, full of beans, willing to pick up any saw, any amount of kit, not ask for coffee or what time we finish and not even moan about the weather if its crap.

However, i had a subbie climber who thought he was worth £150 a day, would turn up half an hour late(regularly), then ask for coffee when he turned up, have a couple of smokes and seem to have all the time in the world as he was "a climber".

He would then eventually get to the job and proceed to build his kit, tittle with saws, drink more coffee and smoke some more, eventually get into the tree 2 hours after start of works, spend 4 hours in the tree in total for the day then think he didnt need to pick up logs and not help clear up after a "day climbing"!

Who is worth their money?

IMO, i would rather climb myself and hire a good groundy ANY day.

Groundies are well under valued im afraid and have said it before. They tend not to be premadonnas!

Edited by 18 stoner