Wet weather clothes

Danavan

I never worry about waterproof trousers, type c chainsaw trousers are ok. For jackets nothing beat north face IMO. Paid £50 for a waterproof shell and its great never let a drop of water threw and ive been in some hard rain with it. Then just put an appropriate fleece on under neath as the shell wont keep you warm. Easy as that youll never fear working in the rain again.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Your Skin's Waterproof fella, Yeah!!!!"

Those were the words of my training team when we were close to drowning in torrents of horizontal rain on a yomp over Dartmoor with the world and his brother on your back!!! Hey Ho, great days!!!! Looking back fondly, of course!!:001_smile:

I use the tusted MOD issue "Gary" Goretex jacket. It does the job and breaths too!!! Its pretty robust as well. But just becarefull as the weather is getting darker and the patteren is designed to make you blend in to the surrounds!!! Hi Viz always over the top of it to avoid being run over or simply seen by your team and the public!!!

Ebay or silvermans will stock these jackets as will any good surplus store!!

All the best, and the flask of hot, sweet tea in the truck is always a winner too!!!

Regards!!:thumbup:

I have been using the stein jacket for some time no never had a problem. ripped it this summer getting over a fence so probably wont be as robust this winter.

Just bought a uk military gortex in desert colours as i like to be different. 40 quid, should be good come the rain.

I go for ex army gortex it dries quickley, its light, strong and the hoods are big enough to go over your lid so you dont get a wet neck! :thumbup1:

Think I paid 40 quid for my last one and its lasted years of abuse

Same as this, get off army blokes at your local Market :thumbup1: £40 got me bottoms and top with massive hood. bloody tough too i've done Motocross, 3 hour hare and hounds races on them getting ripped past gorse and brambles all day long, as well as the standard abuse at work building, landscaping, grounding and climbing, great stuff.

not a big fan of coats, usually just a couple of sweatshirts and maybe a hoodie if its freezing, always forget to bring spares which mean spending all day wet, might have to get a waterproof container somewhere in the cab for spare dry jumpers/t'shirts.

Ed make a box to sit on your bonnet that's watertight at the top and sides. Then make holes in your bonnet and the bottom of the box. Dry and warm! :thumbup1:

Personally i dont bother with waterproofs. Nothing is 100% apart from oilskins and then u get wet from sweat. I just wear under armour tops which even when wet keep me warm!! In the Army waterproofs were for girls and its kinda stuck lol

Definitely the way forward, i just wear a light t shirt and let it get wet.

Else you end up lugging round loads of wet jackets, hats, and other so-called "waterproof" parifinalia.

if you are young and gungho then if you arent wearing a t shirt you arent working hard enough, that was my moto for years. Now i have wisened up i buy a vehicle with the best storage space and stand up drying room and try and avoid the rain tbh. I am buying a luton next week and i plan on putting a diesel heater in it and loads of coathangers for all my waterproofs and fleeces. working in the rain is pretty straight forward, but getting in the van and sitting in damp wet clothes isnt cool, done it for years, not anymore. I just bought some fishing float bib and braces for me and my worker, flourescent and awesome, not for climbing or beasting brash but for log deliveries and tidying up. gota stay warm guys.