if i dont get a decent job after this then whats the point !

jayman

well i started uni and loving it,as part of the course we learn garden history,surveying & drafting,cad and loads more so with nc,nd arb and a degree in landscape design i should hopefully get a "propper" job. my only concern is being over qualified, i was once told i was over qualified for cutting grass for the council, does/has anyone else come up against this problem ? cant afford to start up on my own :-(

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi there it depends what sort of job you want to get like with most things even with the degree you may have to start near the bottom and work your way up to get exp . If its a job in Arb working on the tools you want then you will need to do your tickets then work your way through doing ground work learning and gaining exp on the chippers chainsaws stump grinders looking after the climbers and managing the traffic putting out the signs cutting, dragging,clearing up and getting lovely and dirty:thumbup: your nc/nd arb will help you get into a company but the learning process will be the same .

The sad thing is most don't walk out of uni into a good job straight away sometimes that can happen but for most the degree is the building block the foundation knowledge for your chosen path and it will help you get your first footing over the threshold into a company.

Lots of luck with your chosen path

Littletree:thumbup:

As little tree said above, working your way up the ranks will make you better at your job too mate, too many people get a job telling people how to do a job when they can't do it themselves. I've worked with a couple who have started from the bottom and worked their way up and they get a lot more respect from the workers. Good luck mate hope it works out for you:thumbup:

Until youve done a couple of years doing arb,i dont think you could possibly call your self over qualified,you have no experience in the real world as of yet,you may get a good job eventualy but youll have to start at the bottom like the rest of us,dragging brash and cleaning up ,dont expect to jump the queue,paper counts for nothing experience means every thing.