changing the classification of a vehicle ?

stihllearning

hi guys,

i,d like to buy a 7.5 tonner and reduce the carrying capacity of it to maybe 4.5/5 tonnes.giving me a bigger capacity than a 3.5 tonne truck with room for a big tool box etc and a bit more power from the engine and i,m wondering if i can do this and avoid having quarterly inspections and special liscences required.

any input appreciated

I used to have an vw lt45 rated down to 3500kg, it was mint it could carry a proper load without looking bust! But loading over 3500kg gross you are still breaking the law which is OK until you have an accident and inadvertently badly injure or kill someone you could go to prison.

Driving is a serious thing and should rate as a no1 priority on your everyday risk assessment to get your driving, vehicle, trailers and loads correct!:001_rolleyes:

But I know in the real world as with everything else not always that easy!:sneaky2:

i agree thats why i want to get a bigger truck!

If you want to get a bigger truck, a 4.5, 5.5 or 7.5 tonner is the way to go. But as has been said anything over a 3.5t will require an O licence and 6 weekly checks etc.

It's not difficult to get, and once you have it you'll wonder how you ever managed with 3.5 tonners.