Im after a new car, opinions please??

Mozza

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Got one. Not that econonical though, 40-45 mpg. Diesel is probably better though.

Not enough room for mozza and his missus though, he's a big lad!

You know me so well Pete!!

Its between Octavia and vectra i think now, VWs do hold there money very well bit too well for my budget really.

18 Stoner, very good call mate, just had a look on the trader site some nice low mileage 406s about well within budget :001_cool:

vduben, Ill give you a mars bar and a wave as i drive off????

audi, vw, seat and skoda are all basicly the same car maybe a seat toledo which is on a bora chassis or audi 100 series.

if you have to get high milege get full service history if you can then you know what its had done.

id stay clear of vauxhall or rover rover head gaskets are prone to going expensive:thumbdown:

• 5 months later...

With a 3k budget I'd have a Vectra everytime. As a buyer you won;t get more for your money than that, terrible car if you are a seller, but value for money, it can't be beat.

here you are, a 2.0 Dti with only 65k on a 53 plate. for less than three grand.

http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/784732.htm

sorry I am late, what did you buy in the end..??

Id stay clear of the Dti vectra has a real bad rep for headgaskets going, my mate has a garage and every other week he has one in to fix with as low as 50 k on the clock !! i got a petrol vectra for the wife cant fault it gets 45+ mpg.

£3k will get you alot of car know i would be looking at them priced at £3500 - £4000 and offering £3K its a buyers market and if they say no move on to the next seller :001_smile: