Stumpgrinder accident.

Mick Stockbridge

To Dave get well soon and best wishes.

To all Arb Talkers keep safe and remember you are more important than a deadline.

You might be interested in the following quote

Be alert: Felling trees is hazardous. Remember: The duller the axe the harder the work; Use your head: The more brains, the less muscle. (The Bible)

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 5 months later...

hi jonathan, the recovery's still going well thanks for asking. i'm back up the hospital next week for the results of a CT scan i had last week. if the results show that the bone is uniting well then they will consider loosening the frame a little to see how i cope with putting more weight through the bone. they are still saying i'm doing exceptionly well so i'm pretty confident about the results. i will keep you all up to date on what happens next week.

thanks, dave.

hi jonathan, the recovery's still going well thanks for asking. i'm back up the hospital next week for the results of a CT scan i had last week. if the results show that the bone is uniting well then they will consider loosening the frame a little to see how i cope with putting more weight through the bone. they are still saying i'm doing exceptionly well so i'm pretty confident about the results. i will keep you all up to date on what happens next week.

thanks, dave.

:thumbup:

well i went back today for the results of the ct scan. unfortunately the results werent what we had hoped for though not unexpected if i'm honest. the scan showed very little unity so i will now have to have a bone graft. i've been put on the urgent list so we could be looking at having the op in the next few weeks. i'm a little dissapointed but not surprised at the findings really, it was only a very small amount of bone touching to start with (literally tips) and the hope was that the bone would unite and start forming new bone to fill in the gaps but with so much bone missing the results are hardly surprising.