naughty climber nicking my logs !

orang utah

Most mistake kindness for weakness, you give them a half hour off they take an hour, tell them they can get a bag off logs they are taking 2 a week and selling them.

Firm but fair if you play by the rules you will be rewarded...by getting your wages!!

Why does everyone think they are owed something other than what they have been employed to do? i know this is a little bit off topic but he is no mate or he would not dream of taking more that he asked for as he would know how hard YOU have worked to get to where you are and would have more respect,i would get him told... GET YOUR COAT.

mind you thats why i work for myself and have part time guys occasionally ive been down the route of employing staff, never again.:thumbdown:

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Firm but fair if you play by the rules you will be rewarded...by getting your wages!!

ive been down the route of employing staff, never again.:thumbdown:

Spot on!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I got sick of lads treating me like they were doing me a favor by coming in!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

just to say ive seen it differently it is taking the piss he does not work for me direct but subs to me as a climber i lend him my chipper and he uses my yard

i put alot his way. i have never said he has taken the tools they could have been lost. i new he had taken more as i left 5 tonne bags full he had taken one as agreed then diped in and filled the rest of his tipper with logs so i would not notice

i do see it as only a pile of logs and i think thats how he sees it but im gonna show him the vid monday see what he says im worth more to him than he is to me

I know what yer saying Andy we laid a guy off for something similar a few years back,he came back drained fuel tanks slashed tyres stole 1000s of pounds worth of stock,and then got his job back over an unfair dismissal tribunal type of thing,a very bizzarre situation that was totaly avoidable,you really have to be careful.

Flipping heck, that boy had some jacobs coming back to a firm he put through all that! man alive, the law is an ass:thumbdown:

Sounds like he considers himself more of a `mate` than an `employee` and now thinks he can push the boundaries of whats acceptable and it will be ok cos you are mates.Familiarity breeds contempt.

Having said that, i wouldnt put up with that from a mate, but some peoples standards in which they deal with friends varies considerably.Whats yours is ours and all that.

Most mistake kindness for weakness, you give them a half hour off they take an hour, tell them they can get a bag off logs they are taking 2 a week and selling them.

Why does everyone think they are owed something other than what they have been employed to do? i know this is a little bit off topic but he is no mate or he would not dream of taking more that he asked for as he would know how hard YOU have worked to get to where you are and would have more respect,i would get him told... GET YOUR COAT.

mind you thats why i work for myself and have part time guys occasionally ive been down the route of employing staff, never again.:thumbdown:

Spot on, robert, you've saved me a lot of typing there!

When i packed in employing staff, my hourly income actually went up, and less stuff got "lost". :thumbup:

just to say ive seen it differently it is taking the piss he does not work for me direct but subs to me as a climber i lend him my chipper and he uses my yard

i put alot his way. i have never said he has taken the tools they could have been lost. i new he had taken more as i left 5 tonne bags full he had taken one as agreed then diped in and filled the rest of his tipper with logs so i would not notice

i do see it as only a pile of logs and i think thats how he sees it but im gonna show him the vid monday see what he says im worth more to him than he is to me

Dipping in the other bags does it for me,I would want a full explanation of that from him personaly,:001_huh::thumbdown: