naughty climber nicking my logs !

orang utah

What a tricky situation. I think he has to go though, as that is a gross misplacement of trust. You perhaps could get him to watch the cctv with you, let him know how disappointed and also angry you are- whilst remaining totally calm and pleasant of course- and then explain that you have little choice but to let him go.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How much would it affect your personal life if you did just sack him?

I hate thieves myself, I would like to see a bit of corporal punishment used tbh, but, maybe some of the above about asking him to explain the cctv footage and listening to what he says.

If he had nothing to do with my personal, out of work life he would be gone.

If he has a tipper, and usually delivers in a tipper, how was he to take a builders bag? Do you have a lifter at work? Was he to get a bag and fill in by hand on the back of his tipper? Have you spoke to him since being on holiday? This could be a simple breakdown of comunciation or lack of it. As for other things going missing, i bet if i looked round my van in a paranoid state of mind i could come up suspicious in my head.

Make a plan of what you are going to say, and depending on yes or no, then follow a route of questions, like a family tree set up. eg. Did you take a bulk bag or chuck them in the tipper. If he says bulk bag, sack him. If he then says tipper, ask him how much do you think a bulk bag looks like in the back of a tipper, if he says, i just guessed and chucked some in, then get him to fill the back for what he thinks is a bulk bag, if it looks like what was on the video, then empty it into a bag, either he will be surprised or YOU might be surprised.

Just my 2 pence.

get your point steve (bullman) but as steve (blair) says it COULD be a simple breakdown in communication,, the guy COULD think that the back of his tipper is about the same size as the bag,,,

He MIGHT not be a theif.. he MIGHT be a mate..

I think the fact you checked the ctv before asking him is slightly paranoid, if he knows you have ctv then i can't see him stealing if he doesn't know then i think thats wrong.

But is all ifs and maybes. Just ask, simples

:confused1:Really!! Why?????????????????:confused1:

get your point steve (bullman) but as steve (blair) says it COULD be a simple breakdown in communication,, the guy COULD think that the back of his tipper is about the same size as the bag,,,

If thats true, sack him any way for being stupid!!!:001_rolleyes: