Caution!!

Andy Collins

Could be a problem from the more organised teaves as they seem to be targeting Landys, Chippers and Agric equipment in rural areas.

This is true, especially the Landrover bit. I've heard of a few cases where people have bought from a dealer, only to have it nicked within the month. In one case, it looks like they came back a week later to take a couple of others in the area, and it's normally pretty quiet there. They suspect a mole at the dealers - or possibly in the last case the dealers are crooks - who is tipping off someone when they've made a sale.

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I walked around a corner last week to be confronted with a guy looking at a saw and he had his hand about to dip over in the side of the truck for it, his van running out the front,when i confronted him he asked if the people we were working for where having carpets fitted and he evan went and knocked on there door!

another 3 seconds and that saw would of gone!i could not really confront and bash the guy as he seemed quite convincing especially as he then marched and knocked on the door ....but i wish i had,same day a friend working down the road had a hedge cutter and a strimmer knicked off the back of his van!

Having the reputation of being a bit of a nutter can be a very good thing sometimes :icon14::wave:

A mate of mine was getting done over one night, he heard them, rushed out and ran down the drive just wearing nothing but a pair of riggers boots and a traffic cone on his head shouting obsenities in german- they dropped the swagg and ran:wave:

i often cycle to work. i chicked my bike in teh back of the mog. At the end of the day we were just about to drive off site (accross town where i'd get out and cycle the rest). 2 guys walked past the mog (on teh other side) and i watched their shadows and waited to see them pass the chipper. i opened the side door and removed my gransfors brux. one guy was on the top link bike in hands. i asked him to take his thieving hands off my bike. his mate piped up claiming their innocence at which point i slipped off the axe sheath and told them which thieving fingers i'd cut off first. funnily enough they left without my bike

Jamie

Theives know what they'll get if they come round my place. And you can bury the bodies pretty deep with a 15 tonne excavator.

10 years ago I was broken into in the night, I heard them, then they heard me coming...

I let the dogs at them, and gave them both barrels from the 12 bore as they ran away accros the field. Never been bothered since.

Mind you, a mad Jamie with a Grunsfors Axe would be pretty damn scary - Way to go Jamie. Let them know you mean business. :D

when I lived on the farm we had a visit one night cattle grid rattled a little slow to be my dad on his way home few minutes later locks were rattled double tap fired into bank behind house cleared them very fast we never had another visit

just remember this advice from one local bobby if your going to shoot them make sure its from the front and they don't live to tell the tale

Though it is an unpleasant thought, it has crossed my mind in the last few days.

We all love to post pics of our latest shiny piece of kit, whether it is a carabiner, or a new Stihl saw. It doesnt take a rocket scientist to work out that if we law abiding citizens have access to the internet to do our research, then so do the criminal fraternity. How helpful would it be for them to see a list of saws that you keep in your shed, that nice pic of your shiny sign-written truck, that new stump-grinder you just bought.

I'm not trying to be a kill-joy, or deter people from showing off their kit, but just urging caution before doing so.

on the flip side of the coin, not being anonymous has picked me up a 6 days work through this forum in the past week.

on the flip side of the coin, not being anonymous has picked me up a 6 days work through this forum in the past week.

God point.

But how can you be in business and be anomynous?? That would not be good business sense.

You have got to advertise, perhaps website, signage an vehicles or yard.