Anyone see the new husky top handle at the APF?

Adam

Husky should step up to the plate and hand you a couple to try out Steve.

With the marketing power this site has it could make a huge difference to there sales IF it's a good un and IF it gets a good review.

Although if it comes back as another big let down:001_huh:

Think I'll buy one if the reports comeback that it doesn't fall apart in the first week:

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks much better, but the chainbrake is a poor design.

Everyone I know carries the 200 onto site with the crab clipped into the top handle, which isn't possible with this.

How are you meant to use this like a guitar at a show?:001_tongue:

As Steve says, a decent field test would be good.

I really want this saw to be good, if for no other reason than to give Stihl a kick up the backside to improve the MS200.

Its about time ANYONE brought out a contender to the rapidly-diminishing-in-qua;ity 200t. I am looking to get a new top handled very soon- I may try to wait for this husky and see what its like, as i am getting pretty hacked off with the stihl stable at the mo...esp when I hear that they were boasitng that 'if it has our name on it they will buy it whatever' at a dealer's recently...

Other than the chain brake handles snapping, what quality issues have you had Tom??

There were problems with the carbs a fews years ago, but my last two have been fine.

Time will tell as with their other attempt at a top handle. After a few months the saw would become a pile of plastic tear drop rubbish! I have seen a few chucked to the ground from up high from frustration.

I can only think this may have been the same carb prob as the ms200t had. apart from that the husqu is a strong challange to other saws.

Glad they made the tool clip less intergrated & got rid of the tear drop profile with vunerable spark plug & air filter cover from memory which would always fall off as soon as it looked at a twig on the way up.

I only comment from a 5 min look at one of the new ones a few months ago at a co i was passing by who had it on demo..

I look fwd to a contender for top spot in top handle saws if the £ can meet or better the ms200t.

Its louder, less power/weight ratio and has higher vibrations....:confused1:

Could still be a better saw compared to the previous ones...

Prefere Stihl MS200, especially the chainbrake thats sturdier and doesent get caught on branches.

Wrong saw mate, thats the T435 which is a Zenoah machine. The new T540XP is a brand new Husqvarna design, don't get the 2 confused""