tripping a hung tree

dadio

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I understand that the USFS is currently re-writing and reviewing all of its training and manuals as they havent been reviewed for more than 30years, so perhaps this is one of those out-dated practices?

My only experience of the US way is watching the tripe that is Axmen, and seeing the unnecessary risks taken on there makes me cringe, the standard of Health and Safety seems deplorable, and seeing your video here demonstrating this technique does nothing to make me feel any different.

Do you really think that Axmen is anything but a scripted show that purposely creates drama by making up all kinds of imaginery problems?

How bout I don't judge the English on their guilability based on this one post, and you don't judge American fallers based on one fabricated TV show?

Your name calling does nothing to further the conversation. Those that have nothing intelligent to say must resort to mud slinging. Its an old political trick. When you don't have the truth on your side, just slander the one who does and the gullible people will fall for it.

In post 35 you insult ACUf by calling him clueless.

In post 57 you insult the owner of this site by accusing him of inexperience (he has about 20 years of it, which is about the same as you as you evidently started in 1989)

In post 92 YOu refer to ad15 as an idiot.

These are direct insults, your comment is hypocrisy.

In post 88 you explain that you have never thought about how spring from the rootplates may affect the butt :"Sometimes a fresh root plate drops back in the hole... sometimes it doesn't. I never thought about the fact that they could be spring loaded by the remaining roots.. thanks for that!", yet in post 26 you say you have used this cut 100s of times.

In post 61 you describe with certaimty what will happen to a rootplate:"That is wrong.. if the pieces is still attached to the rootplate, as the rootplate drops back into the hole, the but will follow. BUT that is extremely rare, as the rootplate will not drop until after separation in most cases. The snap cut also assures the faller of a clean separation"

So what exactly do you know??

Do you really think that Axmen is anything but a scripted show that purposely creates drama by making up all kinds of imaginery problems?

How bout I don't judge the English on their guilability based on this one post, and you don't judge American fallers based on one fabricated TV show?

Are you telling me that AXmen isnt real?? I have applied for a job with Rygaard Logging.:blushing::lol:

Ummmm, I was hardly gullible as I recognised Axmen as garbage, I was saying that this was my only experience of the US way.

I have done several hung-up and wind-blows in my time, and never would consider using your technique then, and certainly not in the future. I would not consider it a safe working practice, and certainly would not encourage anyone else to use it, either in the workplace, or here at Arbtalk.