tripping a hung tree

dadio

still doesn't explain the contradiction of your first comment about it being a safe method and the pages of disclaimers on the start of the video

i'm also curious, if it's such a "safe" method how come it is not taught on the courses? and how come when my instructor showed me this method when we were working together did he say it was a very stupid, lazy but effective way to remove a hung up tree,,

and i think that is the crux of this,, whilst i completely disagree with you that this is a safe method to use,, it IS effective,,,, but then so was the atomic bomb,,,

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

What specifically makes it unsafe?

I recently found out that the united states forest service (USFS) trains in the use of a similar vertical cut, where the faller must stand and cut next to the hung tree. Maybe you should write them a letter!

The disclaimer is so that idiots, that have no clue how to run a chainsaw, don't take a look at this cut and try it. You probably shouldn't either :)

Edited by dadio

Your name calling does nothing to further the conversation. Those that have nothing intelligent to say must resort to mud slinging. Its an old political trick. When you don't have the truth on your side, just slander the one who does and the gullible people will fall for it.

The disclaimer is so that idiots, that have no clue how to run a chainsaw, don't take a look at this cut and try it. You probably shouldn't either :)

Maybe you should heed your own advice!!!:thumbdown:

well said skyhuck,,, dadio can now add hypocrisy to his list of talents,

tony,, i apologise for the above comment but i'm having some muppet that does not know me from adam (no offence if you're called adam) tell me what i do and don't know,,

Your name calling does nothing to further the conversation. Those that have nothing intelligent to say must resort to mud slinging. Its an old political trick. When you don't have the truth on your side, just slander the one who does and the gullible people will fall for it.

hahahaha- that wasnt mudslinging or an insult Dadio. I said that what you said was codswallop, which isnt an insult, it is my opinion of the nonsense you are passing off as safe working practices, and the reference to a cocky newbie wasnt an insult either- it was a piece of friendly advice. If i had said 'you ARE a cocky newbie', then that would have been an insult. What i said was not. A better grasp of the english language may well prepare you for an English forum:laugh1:

As far as intelligence and mud slinging is concerned, you are actually giving a perfect demonstartion of a lack of the former, and a great example of the latter, which to me and all the others reading this little tirade will show you to be on the bback foot.

What you fail to have grasped in your little attempt at belittling me, is that you are actually doing the mudslinging here, thus, yet again, contradicting yourself and diggin your hole deeper.

Lets face it- you have shown an unnecessary and incredibly dangerous method of getting a windblown tree down, which flies in the face of years of sensible arboricultural teachings and experience, and hbve been picked up on it, which you dont like.

May i suggest that next time you post a video, you take on board the constructive criticism, which may one day save your life, as opposed to insulting the owner of a site to which you have ionly just signed up, and then gone on to display an astonishing level of arrogance and, i am sorry to say, lack of intelligence.:biggrin:

Carry on though- for you are providing more laughs than i have had from arbtalk in ages, thank you.:thumbup:

What specifically makes it unsafe?

I recently found out that the united states forest service (USFS) trains in the use of a similar vertical cut :)

I understand that the USFS is currently re-writing and reviewing all of its training and manuals as they havent been reviewed for more than 30years, so perhaps this is one of those out-dated practices?

My only experience of the US way is watching the tripe that is Axmen, and seeing the unnecessary risks taken on there makes me cringe, the standard of Health and Safety seems deplorable, and seeing your video here demonstrating this technique does nothing to make me feel any different.