You've got me at it now Hama

Albedo

feather spot on! flower, shame about the excsessive background and vehicle!

bug, you got the edge of the body in focus, not the eyes/antenea, nice try though!

Im only telling you this because i know you wanna know, some folk take all i say the wrong way! and i get it, but i never mean it the way they think i do, but nobody likes a smart arse, do they!

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And for the record, ive gone back three days this week to shoot a few fungi i was continuosly unhappy with! some of these fungi I took over a hundred photos of, but then I am hyper critical and its all about the image for me, the perfect record of the subject, which was one of my main instigative reasons for recording all these fungi, because those in books did not help me to identify them, scientists tend NOT to make good photographers, its just a tool for thier record, when you find a book with good images, they have often been sourced via a comercial library relying on photographers to acuratley label and identify the subject, and I can list a lot of books with these miss labelled fungi!

No worries H.

I agree the feather's vastly improved and the bug is still wrongly focused and the flower comment too.

There is no way you can say anything about a picky, that would be taken personally. The opposite is the case as I wanted the advice, not flattery.

The macro world is new to me and quite fascinating. I didn't expect this camera to be so good at it. Although I guess it will have its limitations.

I have a lot to learn about DOF etc and your comments are gratefully received

I'm just gonna have a look for one of my first shots which was on auto/macro.

You'll see the problem I've been trying to sort out as the DOF is so shallow that the object (fungi) is only in focus in the middle and not at the front or back.

This would be ok for a photo of text on paper for example but not for something with depth, hang on a min just going for a trawl now

Learn the terms "golden mean" rule of thirds and this will assist hugely, all important in photography basics and help you get away with camera limitations!

Macro is the toughest subject in photography to master, it requires such pacience as to be saintly, and a really good grasp of technicality and technical limitations.

macro photography is like mycology, so deep and so complex that you cannot help but be drawn in, I have no doubt that soon youll be going down my old route, and have a problem that gets expensive to say the least! i cant wait till i can post micro images on here with my 5D!

Thats the Hamma!

Ive got a G11 and as you can see havent got a clue how to use it!

I dunno, looks good to me, nice crisp snake focus. I have to google golden mean now... like the man says, hard work and expensive:001_smile:

Hope I don't have to buy one:confused1: