You've got me at it now Hama

Albedo

By the way H.

Panasonic are quite well known for dropping the pixel count deliberately as there comes a point where the sensor doesn't benefit from it, or something like that. I gather it was a conscious decision on their part to drop out of the pixel race, and it wasn't for cost cutting, it was regarded by the reviewers as a brave but sensible move for these levels of sensors.

I think your'e used to thinking in SLR sensor and pixel land, and not so much the high end compacts.

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

sweet shot, hard to get that kind of clarity on a coprinus, especialy velum remants AND stipe in one shot, very tasty kit.

Thanks again H, and for the ID as it didn't get ID'd earlier in the thread. Does it have a common name?

....and which bits are the velum remants and which the stipe please?:001_smile:

Here's the exact same pic just darkened a bit and sharpened a bit in Silkypix which is the editing software that comes with it

Edit= cheers for the little shroom lesson H, thats what I've been doing with the aperture priority - trying to get stype and top bits focused thru DOF

P1000585ed.jpg.224f53df09028e1d25f14f3526b559e9.jpg

Edited by Albedo

Second is possibly flamulina velutipes, did it have velvet brown stipe?

Now I can answer this question H, :001_smile:

Notice the poor framing and focus, couldn't see the LCD screen as didn't want to lie in a puddle. You will find this a disadvantage as a fungi nerd over the G11 with its pop out screen, but its always a trade off.

P1000505.jpg.3bce43f5f9b2c24604b1885c457ada8e.jpg

Heres the stump/chogs they were on, could be sweet chestnut as loads of huge chestnuts at delamere

:biggrin: re squealing, you won't be dissapointed.

The instructions are quite hard to wade thru, but you already know a lot of the lingo, I had a bit of a hard time.

I might want to swap EXIF info with you when you get going as experimenting with the various settings is turning out to be very interesting.

Edit, I'm quite impressed with the rendition arbtalks software does of the photos, just as good as on my laptop

P1000509.jpg.3bbf03a0513bdeb76754c00ec08001b1.jpg

Edited by Albedo