Stroke

Bob Slade

im really sorry to hear about your stroke , i hope that you make a full recovery. i have a friend whos father had the same thing hapen to him , he is now enjoying life and has made his family and his health his first priority. on the other hand my mum married my step dad who ran his own carpet shop and fitting company , he always put family and friends first and would do anything to help anyone but sadly he died playing 5 a side football with his son , he was only 52 when he died from congenitive heard disease . I guess it ust goes to show the you dont know whats round the corner .

Edited by combined tree services
already posted , sorry

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

get well soon Bob:001_smile:, my dad had a tiny stroke when he was early fifties and made a full recovery. It turned his life around, took early retirement and toures NZ with my mun for 4 months, moved to a quiet village and had 13 years of early retirement bliss, now they have moved back home to enjoy there 2nd retirement:thumbup1:

My wife is a stroke unit nurse and knowing a little about her work , i think you have been very lucky(although it might not feel like it).Strokes are far from an affliction affecting the elderly. There have been folk in their twenties on my wifes ward. Lives completely destroyed.

Important thing is to recognise the symptoms in others, as the right treatment early on is crucial.

Best wishes for a full recovery.