Hitch climber

Steve Bullman

i have been playing around with this recently. i like it and think its useful. but i have been using a ropeman on it and find you have to go all the way up to your cambium saver or anchor point which then pushes it all back down again so you can reach it.

unless you tie a shoelace to the cam of the ropeman so its always reachable/pullable

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How about using a hitchclimber as an anchor point pulley, when you want multiple attachment points, ie in a multi stemmed pollard. 3 slings choked round stems, biners into the 3 holes in the hitchclimber, and away you go!

I tried putting a sling with a crab in it near my cambium saver and clipped the tail of the rope through the crab then descended out of the tree. When you go to ascend again. you just haul yourself up with the 3:1 advantage you have set up. Its really fast and might save some energy but just a bit of fun really.

I tried this setup today... worked pretty well, been meaning to try during work but always seem to forget. so had a go when we finished today. Reckon will be useful if you come down for a brew but takes the effort out of going back up. :laugh1:

or get your groundie to pull you up whilst you finish the brew.

I tried putting a sling with a crab in it near my cambium saver and clipped the tail of the rope through the crab then descended out of the tree. When you go to ascend again. you just haul yourself up with the 3:1 advantage you have set up. Its really fast and might save some energy but just a bit of fun really.

If you attatched the sling to your cambium saver wouldnt it be possible to retrieve the whole lot from the ground? :001_cool:

• 2 weeks later...

tried the new hitch climber (VT) setup last weekend and i love it!:001_tt1: after years of being just a blakes hitch man and nothing else it is a breath of fresh air! found the knot easy to tie and was away in no time. After reading everyones posts i thought it was going to be some dark art.

so a big thank you to this thread!:001_smile:

ps cheers jonsie for the hitch climber

tried the new hitch climber (VT) setup last weekend and i love it!:001_tt1: after years of being just a blakes hitch man and nothing else it is a breath of fresh air! found the knot easy to tie and was away in no time. After reading everyones posts i thought it was going to be some dark art.

so a big thank you to this thread!:001_smile:

ps cheers jonsie for the hitch climber

some get luck and hit it straight away