trees

monkey boys

i have read through this thread from start to finnish and if im totally honest i thing you need to STOP and get some propper training ASAP , i know its hard because you wanna get climbing and felling but there is much much more to tree surgery than you think .

The best thing you can do is Stop trying to muddle through climbing and felling . Save up and get your self on your basic chainsaw , cross cutting and felling - then try and work for a firm as a GROUNDSMAN for a while , you will get to learn how to work on the ground propperly and how to understand the requirments of the climber and what he is doing . THEN an ONLY THEN you could thing about training for your climbing and areial rescue .

It sounds harsh but there are any ammount of gunhoe fools that think they can do the job and often it leads to serious injury or death . any way good luck and hope all goes well , if you take in what the guys on here are telling you then you will do well . many of the guys on here have been doing the job for many years and know what they are talking about . any way good luck and i wish you well

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

well show me the way then m8 as i keep saying ill work for FREE

in return you show me how things are done im used to long cold wet dirty

days work i lived in essex lol when i worked for the firm back in essex thats all we had in the winter.

cutting hedges strimming cutting and loading trees when they were feld

diging 6ft soak aways.

moveing sleepes round site dont mind runing the chiper in the rain lol

sliping over and getting coverd in mud lol.

spent 1 week driveing a dumper on site in the rain wet too the bone

sweeping up cleening tools.

makeing tea lol.:thumbup:

think ill cope

Add being 80ft plus into the canopy, with the rain sheeting in sideways a fair wind and youll start to realise life in the canopy, above normal street level is a "different kind of winter!":001_huh:

Dude save up get yourself on some course's first. Use google mate there are loads of training schools over the country and in you own area. Research research and research some more. You do sound crazy thow so slow down look listen and learn from all these guys.