Waterproof Jacket

melvyn

Have you considered AD that the arb jacket brands may have an outdoor brand do the design and manufacture of the jacket and then just stick an arb label on it.

Isn’t this common practice?

So the arb ones could be made by the same exploited Asian sweatshop workers as the outdoor brand ones. I know this is an issue with high street brands and sportswear, but don’t know for the big outdoor brands, just assuming it’s the same.

In an ideal world the exploitation factor would be as important a consideration as price, quality and brand.

Although this is not your fault AD as far as I know:001_smile:

i've to see an outdoor brand make their jackets with orange shoulder panels and use oilskin materials,,, ( am not saying the clark one is like this,, more the stihl/ husky ones)

as far as sweatshops,,, nothing to do with me,, i do know my patagonia microdown jacket is made entirely from water bottles though:001_tt2:

you'll find the big outdoor brands protect their designs, the brands i have worked for take copying VERY seriously,, i could bore you for hours with stuff we did to deal with copying etc etc..:001_smile:

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i've to see an outdoor brand make their jackets with orange shoulder panels and use oilskin materials,,, ( am not saying the clark one is like this,, more the stihl/ husky ones)

as far as sweatshops,,, nothing to do with me,, i do know my patagonia microdown jacket is made entirely from water bottles though:001_tt2:

you'll find the big outdoor brands protect their designs, the brands i have worked for take copying VERY seriously,, i could bore you for hours with stuff we did to deal with copying etc etc..:001_smile:

The orange shoulder panels etc would be specked by the arb brand working with the outdoor brand and nothing would be stolen in terms of design.

The only way to find out would be to ask jonesie and clarks if they know who makes them.

My point being that the arb brand could be the same quality as the outdoor brand, with the help of the outdoor brand. It would be a business transaction.

Mine, is of course hand woven from lentils, by elves (paid top dollar):001_tt2:

my 5 year old ventile smock is still going strong, its not totally waterproof but then what is? It doesn't melt if you catch it with the exhaust on the 020 and sparks from bonfires dont put holes in it either. also being a natural fibre it doesn't collect smells like man made fabrics do. I wouldn't have anything else.:001_smile:

"My point being that the arb brand could be the same quality as the outdoor brand, with the help of the outdoor brand. It would be a business transaction.

"

trust me,,, the only way it usually happens is when a factory rips off the design,,, it usually ends up in court,,,

i have a craghoppers one and it is briliant

its loose enough to give you a full range of movements but still doesnt get caught on stuff

all the pockets have multiple layers of fabric over zips so nothing gets jammed or stuck in them

its fully waterproof and breathable evn when rubbing up aggainst stuff the hood folds away into a pocket at the back but still has a piece of wire in it to hold it open so you can actually see with it up

i have a craghoppers one and it is briliant

its loose enough to give you a full range of movements but still doesnt get caught on stuff

all the pockets have multiple layers of fabric over zips so nothing gets jammed or stuck in them

its fully waterproof and breathable evn when rubbing up aggainst stuff the hood folds away into a pocket at the back but still has a piece of wire in it to hold it open so you can actually see with it up

Agreed, Craghoppers stuff, ticks the boxes. (upmarket Regatta):thumbup1: