What trousers???

Tom2020

Just spent the last 1hr looking thru the search results i got off chainsaw trousers and still carnt find the answer im looking for

Im going back to college and this time i wont my own ppe

Ive sorted my boots and it came down to

Stein Bergsteiger chainsaw boots £100.10 From FrJones a son

Been looking at the sip freedom Mixed results on them seeing that im going to be wearing the trousers week in and out thru out the tearm On warm and cold days what shall i got for

Here's my list

Sip freedom Class C or A

Stihl Hiflex trousers Type C

(every one on my course has them and some love em and some hate em)

Stretch-Air Full Stretch trousers Type C

Ive got about £260 saved up over the last 6 weeks so im on a tight budget and don't wont to blow it on something i might hate 2 weeks later

Its my first pair of chainsaw trousers and boots so i dont know what im really ment to look for

Any advice??

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i have stretch airs and hi flex, prefer the hi flex for all rounders, stretch airs are good when its cold and wet as they have a good coating on the fabric that repels the water, i sprayed mine with waterproofing you get for boots and it makes them last a bit longer before you get soaked through, same for the hiflex.

tom, invest in a good pair of boots, go for some haix boots, protector lights or blue ridge are the cheaper ones, i have the blue ridge and they were comfy from day 1. Need thick socks in them though.

Stuff like this, its all well and good saving money but you may regret it as it may fall apart or may not be as comfy as something else that was £20 extra.

Stuff like this, its all well and good saving money but you may regret it as it may fall apart or may not be as comfy as something else that was £20 extra.

Amen to that! Buy quaility buy once, buy cheap buy twice!

The Meindl Waldlaufer (means Wood Walker - if my German is up to scratch!) I have recently bought are absalutely brilliant, so much better than the Husky Wellies I had before, but more expensive. Good boots and a good bed, if your not in one your in yan other as my Grandad used to say.

As for troosers, I like my ForestWear Classics, but I dont climb - so thats not much use to you is it!

Sam