Yet another Haix problem!!!

combined tree services

We've bought 18 pairs of haiz boots for staff in the last five years, and until this year have not has one sigle problem with boots lasting around 12 months.

The ones purchased in 2010 have all failed within 3 months, with the biggest problem being the sole parting from the boot, usually at the toe.

Somethings not quite right in the manufacturing I think, and the importers are not the most helpfull of people. They came back with 'we ahven't ahd any ohter boots fail' and suggsting one of our staff must 'stand around all day long kicking walls'

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We've bought 18 pairs of haiz boots for staff in the last five years, and until this year have not has one sigle problem with boots lasting around 12 months.

The ones purchased in 2010 have all failed within 3 months, with the biggest problem being the sole parting from the boot, usually at the toe.

Somethings not quite right in the manufacturing I think, and the importers are not the most helpfull of people. They came back with 'we ahven't ahd any ohter boots fail' and suggsting one of our staff must 'stand around all day long kicking walls'

interesting that you say that about the importers ! i had spoken to them about a week ago and they told me that in the last year they have had less than twenty pairs of boots returned !!! i will see what response i get from them but i dont hold much hope . the next pair of boots will certainly be the stretch air boots for sure

had one pair of protector pros for 3years although i only wore them couple of days a week for two of them years. after they were done got a new pair (6months ago) sent them back after 2months they sent me new pair and they have done same, so got pair of meindl airstreams

well at last i finally got a repy to my email and according to work ware the protector extreme is "not designed for tree surgery" and should only be used for forrestry , oh and acording to them they have only had a handfull of boots returned !! not how strange is it that all of the fault boots must have been worn by guys on here ?? lol i thing some one is trying to blow smoke !!! anyway i will wait to hear the verdict now that they have some pictures of the boots and will keep you all posted

it doesn't matter how many pairs a distributor has had returned,,, your boots have failed, within warranty period (12 months) you are entitled to replacement or repair.

the fact they say "only 20 pairs in the last year" means absolutely f all,,,it's a cop out from them and they'r etrying to wriggle out of it,, hold your ground,, say it doesn't matter, and ask what they're going to do to solve your warranty issue..

if you need the "sale of goods act" then shout,, i'm used to dealing with this poop from brands,,, (this was part of my old job):001_smile:

It seems all good companies like Haix have been hit by the current economic climate and are being forced to cut corners on quality but try to keep the price the same so nobody suspects anything, that is until the product starts falling apart. :thumbdown:

I've noticed the newer timberwolves have started using cheap and utterly useless Alko tow-hitches and jockey wheels, which are already starting to get a bit rickety on our 6-month-old chipper! We had the same TW model previously and the hitch was sturdy for years. Another prime example of corner-cutting.

To be honest I'd prefer it if they charged us more but gave us the same good kit, rather than trying to pull the wool over our eyes. :thumbdown:

Stihl, for example, I don't see much evidence of them skimping on quality among their range, but the prices have certainly gone up. Now we can moan about that until the cows come home but at the end of the day we're still getting a quality long-lasting product, in my opinion.

Disclaimer: I'm sure Husky are the same but I'm a Stihl man so I wouldn't know, so put your pitchforks away. :001_tongue:

This happened about 4 years ago. First thing I did with my new TW was swap out this crap for a decent Bradley doubleblock locking hitch. I think a TW rep must have nicked a load of hitches and jockey wheels from those trailers outside Halfords one night after a dinner party, and is trying to get rid of them!

Totally agree about the money. Would have cost £100 more, max, to have decent hitch and jockey wheel.

TW are not the only guilty party here by any means. Plenty of manufacturers are fitting these horrid cheap pressed hitches. It's not good enough.

• 2 months later...

well, having sung the praise's of Haix boots, I too have found the sole is falling away at the toe and the metal inner-plate is sticking out like a dogs tongue!. I've also worn Haix boots for years and got 2 1/2 to 3 years out of a pair..these have lasted 3 or 4 months...obviously cutting corners in quality here!..not impressed.

same story here, haix protector pro's starting to peel away on the side of the sole after 12mths, im going to get them into a decent cobbler when i get a spare minute, the last pair were fine just soles wore out, i might drop them in at the same time for new soles and keep them for a spare set. 12mths is all you can expect, anything more is a bonus i reccon. hate the pressed steel hitch on the timberwolf too, its starting to lose its shape a bit at the front lip from rolling it into the ball too hard:thumbdown:

• 7 months later...

Sorry If resurected an old thread but thought was better than littering forum with simar issue,had mine for couple month tops barely used on anything but standing there cutting firewood,I have another pair of boots for brash dragging.But my soles on pro protectors have started to delaminate rubber sole bit where attatches to leather on the area that folds when walk.Is this a common issue and will it effect the boots badly?