TV to watch now.

Mesterh

I’ve been trawling my way through Yellowstone with Kevin Costner, 1883 and 1923.

They casting is really good.  1883 and 1923 being prequels.  Harrison ford and Helen Mirren play the Duttons in 1923. The script writing is on point and the two just flow together.

1883 is the origin story of the journey out west.  Some great casting as well.  Sam Elliot amongst others.

When I grow up I think I wanna be a Cowboy.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, sime42 said:

Another attempt to revive this smokin' hot thread.

So I was watching this last night. Very funny and even a little educational to boot. Another Charlie Brooker triumph. She's very good too, Diane Morgan.

Seen a couple of the Earth series so far but I'll go back and watch the first series on Britain as well.

WWW.BBC.CO.UK

Philomena Cunk traces the history of Britain and the world, from the Big Bang to Brexit.

She makes some good points too 😀

2 hours ago, Rich Rule said:

I’ve been trawling my way through Yellowstone with Kevin Costner, 1883 and 1923.

They casting is really good.  1883 and 1923 being prequels.  Harrison ford and Helen Mirren play the Duttons in 1923. The script writing is on point and the two just flow together.

1883 is the origin story of the journey out west.  Some great casting as well.  Sam Elliot amongst others.

When I grow up I think I wanna be a Cowboy.  

I right enjoyed those too. Wept when the blonde croaked!

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Steve Bullman said:

She makes some good points too 😀

She sure does. There's an episode on religion; Faith/Off, in which she says something like "the crusades sound very violent, why can't the the religions all learn to live together in peace?" With the kicker - "like they do in Ireland")

• Like 1

Started to watch Hatfield and McCoy on prime. Based on true story about two feuding families in America post Civil War. Pretty gruesome times. The families called a truce in 2003 although they still reckon to have not forgotten......

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

So this film was on the telly the other night. An incredible feat by a world leading athlete. Genuinely cringey at times, (in a good way, nail biting stuff).

WWW.BBC.CO.UK

Solo climber Alex Honnold prepares to achieve his lifelong dream of scaling El Capitan.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, sime42 said:

So this film was on the telly the other night. An incredible feat by a world leading athlete. Genuinely cringey at times, (in a good way, nail biting stuff).

WWW.BBC.CO.UK

Solo climber Alex Honnold prepares to achieve his lifelong dream of scaling El Capitan.

I like the fact that the ground crew whilst filming couldn't watch at certain points.

1 hour ago, slack ma girdle said:

I like the fact that the ground crew whilst filming couldn't watch at certain points.

Yep, that struck me as well. I don't blame them. Also, his GF must be the most understanding woman ever!