BTS

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I rig almost nothing and dead Elm is so light and takes a step cut great, so I just cut and chuck.

Second that, i find with lowering it you also get stuff break off easily and if you've got high targets below you cant risk stuff like that happening. Cut and chuck all the way :thumbup1:

i remember that Matty, its when i first joined, you were a bit wary about it and then had it on the deck in about an hour lol. I liked your style with the big say, plenty of power and no need to stretch to far, especially on ivy stuff.

any other tree i would of quite happily milked it all day that one scared the crap out of me!! the other biggies on the estate were a different kettle of fish though i seriously underestimated the weight of one tree the winch would not pull it so i had to jack it still would not go!! then i locked the winch off after about an hour of wondering what to do next decided to a new plan reversed the tractor and pelted it full speed getting it wheel spinning then letting it roll back with the tree and going flat out again ... it went over 4th time though ,estates tele handler would not pick up the butt!!

http://121.jpg

http://122.jpg

I like the look of some of those elm butts. Anybody got any nice ones for sale without the rot going up the middle? If so I may pay good money for them.... I took delivery of 30 tons of nice chestnut butts today, but I always need oak and elm.

I cut seven or so on a building plot a couple of years ago. Nothing huge, and i just felled them. I did rope them all because of proximety to other property.

No dramas that i can think of. Ringed them all up for firewood and burnt the rest.

It was hard on chains from the `foreign objects` viewpoint. Bits of fence,even a cable in one. Otherwise no problems.