One Saw To Rule Them All?

Sam Thompson

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like my 660 but I have a bit of a soft spot for my 441 but occasionally I fall out with them both and plump for the 341, then when I get bored with them I use my 357XPG for a while, but the heated grip switch stays on so it gets a bit hot in summer so I then switch to one of my two 180 chipper saws, then if they break down I just use my 200t :001_rolleyes:

I like my 660 but I have a bit of a soft spot for my 441 but occasionally I fall out with them both and plump for the 341, then when I get bored with them I use my 357XPG for a while, but the heated grip switch stays on so it gets a bit hot in summer so I then switch to one of my two 180 chipper saws, then if they break down I just use my 200t :001_rolleyes:

Likewise. I use my Dolmar PS6000 for firewood, my 036 in the woods but the Echo CS-600 if I get bored and then the Husky 262xp for old times sake. Then I'll grab the dolmar 115i which will refuse to start so I'll crank the 242xp and scream for a while till it's too small so grab the MS460 for power or the old Dolmar 133 and pretend I'm riding a motorbike! :laugh1:

Probly if they still made them I'd say Stihl 028 with 18" bar in fact I've just resurrected mine after is been in bits for about 10 years :001_rolleyes: but the one I always went for before it got knicked was my 372xp husky with 24" bar, good power to weight and alot less thirsty than the stihls I was running at the time :thumbup1:

Simply there is no one saw that rules, but:

King of Saws = 090:001_cool::biggrin:

Best big saw = 066

Best mid range = 575xp

best overall everyday saw I grab in preference to anything else = 346xp

Comfiest saw for logging up = 026

2nd fav ground saw = 357xp

Best value for money saw = Jonsered 2150 (I really was surprised by the reliability of the little red machine)