Stuart Witt

What would you pay  

26 members have voted

1. 1. What would you pay

• £50-£75
    • £75-£100
    • £100-£120
    • less than £50

In fact we should add, that you will learn 1000x more attending a comp than you would on any NPTC refresher course, I have always learned loads and loads at all 30odd comps I have been to.

Entry into a comp. already does include the best refresher training you will ever get!

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some of you will know that I have become slightly dispondant with the TCC's in recent years and have now set up a new UK competition the 3ATC. Don't get me wrong I think you can all learn a lot from attending a well run and supported ISA TCC and I have been pleased to personally sponsor climbers like Josephine Hedger and Phillipa Allen represent the UK at European and International level.

But I wanted to offer climbers an entry level event so working with several well respected Arborists we designed the Arborist Tree Challenge its a one tree event with three levels Novice, Expert and Premier. Some of next years dates are now available on the website Arboricultural Association Arborist Tree Challenge with entry fees at only £10 it wont even break the bank and after your climb you get to relax watch and learn from other climbers taking part.

This isn't meant to be in any way a replacement to the ISA events and you won't get to represent the UK in Europe or America so please continue to support them as hard as it may be at times.

Nick

:thumbup::thumbup:

• 3 weeks later...

I think its good idea, its a shame there is lack of people at these events tho. My only concern would be by only having one Comp you mite have a bad day etc and say if you did 3 over wkends more chance of getting higher level poistion.

but over three days would be wicked and the only way to find out is to give it a go ay. workshop also sounds really good and massive help for all climbers. We just did the Nationals in NZ and the top climbers did a little workshop after and everyone sat down and went through lots different ideas. didnt need to be a long workshop just a more demo and try it your self style.

i think £100 would be max really but what your saying sounds like a wicked to remember, and obviously needs funding. more funding you put it the better it will be no. i really enjoy the Myerscough 2008 one, great laugh and handy faciteiles.

i am currently running a fancey dress comp in Jan in NZ, hopefully will catch on. raise some money for a good cause and a great day out. would be keen at looking a doing one in UK too......

Cheers Matt Glen