Stuart Witt

What would you pay  

26 members have voted

1. 1. What would you pay

• £50-£75
    • £75-£100
    • £100-£120
    • less than £50

Thats a valid comment, however I must point out that the ISA dont organise the comps.

All of the work, and there is a lot more of it than you might think, is done by volunteers, all of whom have jobs or businesses to run. Additionally, the organiser is often the only person left who is willing to have a go, everyone else having taken a big step back when help is asked for.

The general feeling among those of us who are involved in organising is that we really only have enough resources to organise one event per year, and thats only if a few more people are willing to step up and help out.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i know im not making much sense, so bear with me.

i know its all volounteer work, and im happy to help.

the bc dont organise bike races either, their just the governing body.

volounteers organise bike races under BC regs,

volounteers organise climbing comps under ISA rules,

so im hoping you can see a few links?

Hmm i would have to say that maybe the problem is that everyone is in the same category? Well the times i've entered (a few years ago now) i found that it was the same people winning and although i enjoyed it there didn't seem to be anything for a novice competitor. Maybe give less expensive main prizes but have an expert category and a novice category would be a good way to introduce 'new blood' as such? I think cost hasn't got too much to do with it, were all skint but i think alot of people still go and get drunk in town. Im not worried about facillities as such, were tree workers not office workers a bit of cold water didn't hurt anyone. Cost wise well you charge what you need to really.

hence another bikey influence - licences!

these are catagory based on your standards and abilities. and it could be possible to extend this to other comps such as the 3atc

this will help to ensure fairness in catagories, at the present a novice climber can only enter 3 comps before being moved to expert regardless of their abilities. so the chances of a fair comp are small as a decent final placing is non-existent.

If would if i was in a position to do so. hint hint:001_smile:

i for won would have three categories expert novice and students all with there own prizes for each category.

and there would ideally be a free pasta party too and then every one can meet and chat and get cliquy baby!!!!:thumbup:

but i would say that the price for entering would have too be £65 at least.

for the entry fees to cover such event but it would be a good one and venue is key.

Stuart

If would if i was in a position to do so. hint hint:001_smile:

i for won would have three categories expert novice and students all with there own prizes for each category.

and there would ideally be a free pasta party too and then every one can meet and chat and get cliquy baby!!!!:thumbup:

but i would say that the price for entering would have too be £65 at least.

for the entry fees to cover such event but it would be a good one and venue is key.

Stuart

Catergorys i think is key. New people are less likely to return if they get smashed by the expert competitors :001_tt2: as they're all in the same group. £65 does that include entry fees? if so not bad with the pasta night and such.

ul need a 3day for that much!!

best thing is to get a load of sponsors to help fund it. that should help bring the entryfees down whilst still having decent prizes and goings on.

main event by isa/stihl

prizes by several arb suppliers

pasta party by luigi!

Catergorys i think is key. New people are less likely to return if they get smashed by the expert competitors :001_tt2: as they're all in the same group. £65 does that include entry fees? if so not bad with the pasta night and such.

that price is a rough figure at the moment, but with the numbers not looking that good as the response seems low (thanks to those that do), with out planning more and working out if i will get the go ahead to do anything then this is just a very rough guide.

but the prices in the poll include everything but guy and girls this is not pay less get more. think of it as granny would say "buy cheap buy twice"

three day yes and it cut of for the amount of climbers that i need to talk to people first and sort that out.

If the event was organised well in advance, ie now for next season, and properly marketed, then the numbers will come up.

Thinking back to about 4-5 years ago, we regularly had 40-50 competitors at the big events. Economic downturn or none, there are still plenty of climbers out there.

Do you have a venue in mind?

Good luck with it, I for one would really like to see a return to the golden days.