Stuart Witt

What would you pay  

26 members have voted

1. 1. What would you pay

• £50-£75
    • £75-£100
    • £100-£120
    • less than £50

If the event was organised well in advance, ie now for next season, and properly marketed, then the numbers will come up.

Thinking back to about 4-5 years ago, we regularly had 40-50 competitors at the big events. Economic downturn or none, there are still plenty of climbers out there.

Do you have a venue in mind?

Good luck with it, I for one would really like to see a return to the golden days.

pete,

sorry have seen you or spoke much of late, my apologies.

its possible to get 70max through in one day and just have the foot lock speed climb and masters the next day.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes sure. Provided the entries are in in advance, and all the kit checks and the walk round are done on time etc. This is were we always fall down imo.

To answer your original question, up to £100 is fair i think for a well organised event.

Yes sure. Provided the entries are in in advance, and all the kit checks and the walk round are done on time etc. This is were we always fall down imo.

To answer your original question, up to £100 is fair i think for a well organised event.

If it was done on a weekend with a bank holiday monday the gear check would be done from 4pm-6 then walk around, at least you olnly have too have one day off work then, (4-days off if your self employed):001_tt2:

It may well be possible to get people on site early enough on the Friday to do that, if there were only one event per year.

I know you have been saying one big event for years, and I agree with you completely.

These events definately need to be tied in with other stuff. The sponsors are going to want a return and if theres no crowd other than the climbers partners etc thats not going to help things......and the better the sponsorship the better the comp will be. i remember some comps being held at the AA show at highclere several years back, good sized crowds watching every event. why did this stop?

This might seem a little random, but i have no roll in the uk-i chapter tcc. this is solely research for myself on working out what the climber want out of a comp if i was to plan one event.

keep your responses coming

Steve,

I dont't have the answer for that sorry

cheers

Stuart

stu and pete,

the comp i did in aus where i said about the three events we did this event had a total of 65 climbers and the whole thing footlock and masters for men and women (admittedly just one woman) was done all in one day. i still had enough time to hang about and chat to climbers and watch other events. i think the way they did it worked and made everyone really busy but i was amazed it was all done and tied up in one day. the kit check was held at a tree climbing shop the afternoon before and all kit sheets downloaded and filled in prior to turning up, saturday morning we met at the comp at 7 and by half 7 all had walked around our trees and had a demo on work climb. there was different trees for all grades so there was only 15climbers in the (advanced) category and they used a huge 7 minute fig which was a very good fast swinging tree and one for the public to enjoy.

the reason the event worked well was because they used so many trees and there was no exceptions for people being late they didnt wait around or scratch bums with a coffee at 15 past 7 it was just done. also the use of the different trees was super good it meant there was never a que for a event. i quite liked looking at 1 or 2 people do the climb then just doing it myself. also a good point to note was a allowance was made for people from overseas in that they were allowed on site at 6.30 on sat morning for kit check which was nice for people who made the longer travel distance to be able to travel on the friday and not worry about the deadline of gear done by 6.

hope some of this helps you.

to be honest stu like i said the other day it doesnt matter your position in my eyes what matters is someone is doing something about it i agree this yr has been a poor show and it has been from my eyes unreal but i do think if you think you can make a difference or would like to then you will get the support you need from fellow climbers.

good luck.

just go 4 it! im not complainin!!

try souvineer tees, instead of "you must wear tees".

this happens at the 3atc, it means climbers can enter as a team so all team members wear the same kit, and is more likely to please managers in letting their workforce have a jolly, as they can wear employers kit.

all climbers do the tree seperatly, fastest in each class gets the goodies, but the team prize is the fastest of team of three.

souvineer tees can be bought cheap enuff, but also by spectators or public using the fun tree. most climbers will buy a tee anyway