Hi vis in tree

Lancstree

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't see the point really. Even if they do see you there's nothing they need to do/can do, since they couldn't cause you harm even if they tried! I would consider it if I was doing crownlifts over to the road or something.

I also suppose it's handy for letting motorists know from further away that there will be workmen on the ground. (In addition to proper signage of course!)

Edited by Ben90

i think hi vis on the ground is way more important. that way you can clearly see if anyone is in the drop zone, and of course to warn pedestrians/motorists.

i wear hi vis up the tree when doing LA work, but mainly because i can't be arsed keep taking it on/off after working on the ground

I hate the whole hi-viz thing with a passion.:sneaky2: It is a liscence for lunatics to weasil there way into an environment where only sensible people who take responsebility for their own actions and care for their colleagues should be. If you want to stand out, dont wear hi-viz i say, hi-viz is a liscence to look professional.:thumbdown: You should only be able to buy it under liscence with the correct certification.

Saying that i do own a couple of stretch-air, hi-viz t-shirts:blushing::lol:

I hate the whole hi-viz thing with a passion.:sneaky2: It is a liscence for lunatics to weasil there way into an environment where only sensible people who take responsebility for their own actions and care for their colleagues should be. If you want to stand out, dont wear hi-viz i say, hi-viz is a liscence to look professional.:thumbdown: You should only be able to buy it under liscence with the correct certification.

Saying that i do own a couple of stretch-air, hi-viz t-shirts:blushing::lol:

Ditto, its not like were not already obvious to the public, truck & chipper on the road, loads of noise, if they miss that i dont think a hi vis will help in normal circumstances. as for up a tree, dont see the need my self, your normally out of the way so even if people can see you easier they still cant/ or need to do anything about it as already said. Although one good thing about wearing hi vis is that poeple can cleary see your working and generally respect what you ask them to do, as in stopping traffic or explaaining what were doing

I think some of you are under the impression road users are both observant and carefull when going about their business.

i wear a hi Viz up the tree if I think pedestrian activity ( we have all seen em walk through!) will be high or over the road, as for on the ground anywhere near a road if you aint wearing one, you need to sort your lifes out.

I only use them when roadside for tree work but never up a tree or when we want it to be obvious that we a are working and hence supposed to be there i.e on a private estate.

Or of course when subbing to someone that insists on them being worn.

R

Ditto, its not like were not already obvious to the public, truck & chipper on the road, loads of noise, if they miss that i dont think a hi vis will help in normal circumstances. as for up a tree, dont see the need my self, your normally out of the way so even if people can see you easier they still cant/ or need to do anything about it as already said. Although one good thing about wearing hi vis is that poeple can cleary see your working and generally respect what you ask them to do, as in stopping traffic or explaaining what were doing

This is a good point, and why I think they have their place in traffic/high public contact situations.

Stevie, I do agree with your point, but I think you went too far when you had 'FBI' printed in massive letters on the back of yours.:001_tt2: