Choose a mobile phone number

rovers90

Does any one know if you are able to choose your own mobile number through any of the network suppliers? Virgin say no and O2 don't even bother to reply to e-mails!

Also how easy is it (and cheap) to have a second landline number?

Cheers

When i took out my contract on o2 about 10months ago i could choose my number, nothing special just a list of them with the last 3 digits different, 401, 402, 403 etc..

For an extra cost i could pick from a more fancy number, somethiung along the lines of 07777700001 etc..

I used to work for Vodafone, they used to have a Gold / Silver / Bronze list of available numbers you could buy (as far as I'm away they still do it).

Ask at your nearest store, from what I remember the Silver & Bronze ones were pretty reasonably priced (forget the Gold ones, they were like 07979797979 or 07777888999 etc and cost a fortune!).

Hope this helps?

• 5 years later...

Hi I'm looking to choose my own mobile number and came across this forum on Google. I know this thread is old but has anyone found if networks offer this service? I have found websites online such as numberchoice.uk but I'm looking to see if I can get them directly from a network. I have heard that Orange offered this in the past but now that it is EE I am not sure if it is the same since I contacted the EE customer service and they said this is not something they offer. Are there any networks that do offer customers to choose their own mobile number? Thanks in advance!

Hi I'm looking to choose my own mobile number and came across this forum on Google. I know this thread is old but has anyone found if networks offer this service? I have found websites online such as numberchoice.uk but I'm looking to see if I can get them directly from a network. I have heard that Orange offered this in the past but now that it is EE I am not sure if it is the same since I contacted the EE customer service and they said this is not something they offer. Are there any networks that do offer customers to choose their own mobile number? Thanks in advance!

Hi mate ask in carphoneware house mate thanks Jon

Look on ebay too

Years ago I helped a friend sell a memorable mobile number on ebay, IIRC it was something like 07*** 123456.

He got the number in the first place as he went in to asda to buy a new pay n go sim card. He wanted a number he could remember easily so raked through the pile of cards and found that one^.

Probably cost him a fiver from asda and it sold on ebay for about £300-£400 :001_cool:

Also forgot to say, be careful what you wish for!

My house phone number, random one we were given when we moved in, is quite memorable ie 534354 (that's not it!) I was happy at first but there's two problems:

-When reading out your number, people get jumbled up

-When phoning out from the landline people won't answer as they think it's telesales!

:laugh1::laugh1:

Does any one know if you are able to choose your own mobile number through any of the network suppliers? Virgin say no and O2 don't even bother to reply to e-mails!

Also how easy is it (and cheap) to have a second landline number?

Cheers

We have a second number on the same physical line so you can only make one call at a time. The ring tone is different for each number so we know which number is calling us and answer appropriately- one for business and one for personal. Its £5 or £6 a month but I think you have to have your line rental with BT.

Theres usually enough wires run to a house to have a second physical line so you have two numbers and can make two calls at once but its way more expensive than the 2 numbers on one line.