Groundsman needed

Stephen Blair

I did think a weeks trial with no pay a little rough! As for footy, I dont wanna talk it to anyone this season anyway!! :( everything else in your ad is spot on steve, basically if there is something to do, then do it without being told....frikin priceless! When I come to look for a full timer I'll be pinching a few bits outof here and mb's how to be a groundie

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A weeks work with no pay, jeez i have done plenty of them. I don't just teach lads how to drag branches and labour, i teach them how to man up to the world and get on with things, leave their huffy childish school boy antics at home and get out there and see how simple it is to make money. I will build their self esteem and encourage them to do something with their life.

You ask any boss how they got to be where they are, and it will be one simple answer. Graft! Others may say they knew some folk, got a certain contract but you need to be consistent, not just get up a couple of times a week early and maybe work to about 5pm. Its about getting your head down and take whats thrown at you, like it or not.

I will be honest, the main reason i put post the way i did was because i read so many guys on here looking for work, then opertunities arrise and they find nothing but excuses, as i said in another thread, if you make my first post into your CV and guarantee and employer you will honour it you will get a job.

A weeks work with no pay, jeez i have done plenty of them. I don't just teach lads how to drag branches and labour, i teach them how to man up to the world and get on with things, leave their huffy childish school boy antics at home and get out there and see how simple it is to make money. I will build their self esteem and encourage them to do something with their life.

You ask any boss how they got to be where they are, and it will be one simple answer. Graft! Others may say they knew some folk, got a certain contract but you need to be consistent, not just get up a couple of times a week early and maybe work to about 5pm. Its about getting your head down and take whats thrown at you, like it or not.

I will be honest, the main reason i put post the way i did was because i read so many guys on here looking for work, then opertunities arrise and they find nothing but excuses, as i said in another thread, if you make my first post into your CV and guarantee and employer you will honour it you will get a job.

Really?! sounds like it's the way up there then fair enough.

If i got a lad in on a free days trial and he worked hard with initiative i would pay him anyway. i would then offer a weeks trial but paid......he's earning me money after all. It just doesn't sound like the best way to begin a working relationship to me. I also wouldn't wait for him to ask for a pay rise before putting his money up, as my earnings increase due to him being better i'd share it out, he'd always graft for me but i'd be earning more from him and he'd be getting better at his job, and earning me more and be getting paid more, if he thought i was just taking advantage of his hard work ethic and telling him i was making him a man i wouldn't expect to have him stay for long. As for self esteem etc if they work hard, do well, are happy where they are and where they are going then all that will come without me needing them to make me a martyr. :sneaky2:

maybe my business will never make it.... :001_rolleyes:

Really?! sounds like it's the way up there then fair enough.

If i got a lad in on a free days trial and he worked hard with initiative i would pay him anyway. i would then offer a weeks trial but paid......he's earning me money after all. It just doesn't sound like the best way to begin a working relationship to me. I also wouldn't wait for him to ask for a pay rise before putting his money up, as my earnings increase due to him being better i'd share it out, he'd always graft for me but i'd be earning more from him and he'd be getting better at his job, and earning me more and be getting paid more, if he thought i was just taking advantage of his hard work ethic and telling him i was making him a man i wouldn't expect to have him stay for long. As for self esteem etc if they work hard, do well, are happy where they are and where they are going then all that will come without me needing them to make me a martyr. :sneaky2:

maybe my business will never make it.... :001_rolleyes:

I did not want to have to answer hundreds of pm's, texts from adverts. I wanted a grafter to do as he was told, nothing else. If they worked hard i would look after them as i always have with my employees, the post was full of filters simples.:001_smile:

Maybe my business will never make it......:001_rolleyes:

Good advert, makes you seem a bit of a tool in some ways, but i get it, although its a bit OTT at times.IMO no one will ever work as hard as the boss because they're not getting paid like the boss. If they do they're selling themselves short. However your bang on with the respect presentation, football and all the rest lol.

Steve, after reading that I wish I lived nearer to you. I would love to come and work for you.

Got too many things holding me down here :thumbdown:

I don't smoke, I'm not racist, dont like being late, don't drink, will get up early, hate football and don't follow any sport. From growing up on a farm I've worked a lot in my young years. And I actually love getting my hands dirty and covered in sawdust and coming home stinking and laughing about the smell!

I don't like giving up on anything. I will just find another way to do it.

:thumbup1: