Groundsman needed

Stephen Blair

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

been there done that frank, never again!! :thumbdown: no takers yet Andy, i am so surprised with all the unemployed guys willing to work for peanuts and do what it takes to get a start:001_rolleyes:

Pay peanuts, get monkeys. Probably not the right cliche for this industry but you get my meaning.

If you find someone who'll work the way you want, I hope you pay them a fair days pay mate. Reckon you're asking a bit much otherwise. Not doubting you will, just worth mentioning. The lad I started with didn't, and I took it for 3 years as I was learining loads but 3 years on when I knew I was making him money and a pay rise was flatly refused I wasn't long making tracks elsewhere.

. I was refering to what others CLAIM to be willing to do to get a start

As I said mate, don't doubt you will. Get someone good and hold on to them. Interested to see how you get on. I'd like to have faith that those people are out there. Especially considering as was said in other threads how many "tree surgeons" the colleges are churning out each year lowering the standard of the industry. Often wonder how many of these guys are up to scratch.

Edited by scottythepinetree
rambled on a bit

its nothing to do with the coleges, i blame the parents, i would never dream of disrespecting anyone elses stuff whether its a rake or a 40k tractor, i was never late for any of my old employers and i would always say please and thankyou. If the boss was talking to the customer, i would go and keep busy, if we were having a break and i had finished my coffee i would go and get back working while he chatted, i know my place and i expect others to do so. I find the work equation very simple, do as you are told and get paid. I have to answer to all my customers, if i am late and dont do a good job i wont get paid, so i set the standard i expect from my employees, i believe in leading from the front and by example. i dont want to have to tell someone day in day out what to do, i will teach and explain how i want things done, how i want my tools kept and how i want them to present themselves to my customers, my ways have worked for since i started doing jobs when i was 14 and i am constantly looking to better myself, i have dealt with dozens of guys over the year some have lasted a day others 3 years.