Well Paid work... Where is it???

Brodie

Brodie, if you don't mind me asking:

what's happened to all your other jobs in the last 11 years?

retrospectivly.. I have been an idiot.. I have moved from company to company trying to gain experience of tree work from different angles powerlines - railways = domestic... it has helped me to become the tree surgeon i am now but.. however i have had some really good jobs and i probably should have stayed put...

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My ability is worth far more than £50 a day.. If i go and work for these desperate wages i wont be taken seriously.. Thats just how it is.. I want to move forwards not backwards and if being stubborn is the only way then stubborn it is..

I wasn't trying to say that your ability wasn't worth alot more than £50 a day. I was trying to point out the attitude that you seemed to come across with.

If you had said something along the lines of " my qualifications and experience lead me to firmly believe that I am worth a high wage as my work ethics and capabilities will not only be a huge asset to any company but also my speed and agility will be so productive that maximum profit will be achieved by the company enabling them to be able to afford to pay me such a premium wage even through an economic downturn where other companies are struggling".

Then maybe you might have got a different response.

My ability is worth far more than £50 a day.. If i go and work for these desperate wages i wont be taken seriously.. Thats just how it is.. I want to move forwards not backwards and if being stubborn is the only way then stubborn it is..

there is a fine line between being stubborn and being stupid!

but then you seam to have plenty of arrogance.

Anyway it’s a desperate wages or desperate for wages, its your choice ;)

I reckon your best bet would be to take some work for middle avrage pay for the industry at the moment for a climber with good exp and then if they like you and your work after a while you could try to re neg your day rate with them .this way you would at least be working and doing the job you love doing .

Littletree:thumbup:

there is a fine line between being stubborn and being stupid!

but then you seam to have plenty of arrogance.

Anyway it’s a desperate wages or desperate for wages, its your choice ;)

Im not desperate for wages mate.. i just wana work for one company and be paid what im worth

I wasn't trying to say that your ability wasn't worth alot more than £50 a day. I was trying to point out the attitude that you seemed to come across with.

If you had said something along the lines of " my qualifications and experience lead me to firmly believe that I am worth a high wage as my work ethics and capabilities will not only be a huge asset to any company but also my speed and agility will be so productive that maximum profit will be achieved by the company enabling them to be able to afford to pay me such a premium wage even through an economic downturn where other companies are struggling".

Then maybe you might have got a different response.

Thanks Frank :thumbup:

Im not desperate for wages mate.. i just wana work for one company and be paid what im worth

Just out of interest. What is the exact figure that you think you are worth? And how did you come to that figure?

I'm genuinely interested as I work out my day rate on overheads, equipment, insurance etc etc not how quick I can bash out a reduction?

Just out of interest. What is the exact figure that you think you are worth? And how did you come to that figure?

I'm genuinely interested as I work out my day rate on overheads, equipment, insurance etc etc not how quick I can bash out a reduction?

Frank i think your starting to get arsey arent you.... if you knock a job off early then you move onto another job which means your getting through the jobs quicker and making your money faster.. its not rocket science..

Frank i think your starting to get arsey arent you.... if you knock a job off early then you move onto another job which means your getting through the jobs quicker and making your money faster.. its not rocket science..

Faster than who? I know guys who I consider to be top of their game, one even has a BSc Arb to boot and they are still worried about their jobs. There just isn't the kind of money you are expecting in the job at the moment. If cash is you motivation get down tesco, if you like tree work then perhaps you need go get off you pedistool.