problem with HAIX boots.

matt.p

Not that this is of any use but I have some Protector Pros and they're great, I haven't got any sort wear or cracking like that but I suppose it depends what sort of work you're doing in them eg. climbing etc.

Just thought it was worthing mentioning in case it's a bad batch rather than overall product quality? :001_smile:

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not that this is of any use but I have some Protector Pros and they're great, I haven't got any sort wear or cracking like that but I suppose it depends what sort of work you're doing in them eg. climbing etc.

Just thought it was worthing mentioning in case it's a bad batch rather than overall product quality? :001_smile:

My Protector Pros are great too. I seem to get a year out of each pair working on the forest floor. None of the wear in the pictures on here.

• 4 weeks later...

I know you guys are tough on boots but HAIX Do come with a guarantee. That guarantee is for acceptable ware and tear which is difficult to define However if they are only lasting less than 6 months than you should take them straight back to where you they bought them (provided you have not put a chainsaw through them or dropped a tree on them.

Haix pay a lot of attention to every pair of boots they make. We sold so far over 35,000 pair (on our third roll out) of HAIX boots to the garda over here in Ireland. So far we have 3 pair back as they had squeaky soles (one garda in particular complained that she could "no longer sneak up on anyone") and none were in any danger of the sole falling off. The point is that haix wanted to have every pair sent back to them so they could inspect the sole units to see what had gone wrong.

We have had one other instance when a vamp lining collapsed inside the boot. We informed Haix, they requested pictures. We sent them on and they replaced the boots straight away.

I Understand that you guys work in a more challenging environment however 6 months, with proper care and maintenance, to me is unacceptable. There is no reason for the sole to fall of a HAIX Boot in less than 6 months.

They really are a fantastic company and very easy to deal with.

Edited by Andy Collins
Advertising "under the radar" not approved, please contact admin

• 3 years later...
Hi all anyone have any problems with HAIX boots? im on my 4th pair now, but this pair (Haix Trekker Mountain) the sole is coming apart looks like some molding issue? its just on the right foot, not problems at all on the left one.

i got them from buxton 3 months ago.....id take them back but then id have no boots to work in:001_huh:

I have very same problem...The sole on one boot seems to be very fragile and crumbling, wear twice as quickly as the other one. I bought them from Brixx Ireland. I didn't sent them back because don't have second pair.

They have great reputation, but I am disappointed. I am thinking to buy Stein now, but I am not sure what size. Some companies have different marking system. Size 43 can be 44 on different brand. I normally buy size 44, but Haix 43 fitted me perfect. Does someone have experience with Stein compare to Heix in size marking. Thanks

i have had haix boots for pretty much all the time in this trade.

i currently have the blue ridge. they where really comfortable but now, just coming up to a year in, the lining in the toe cap- on both boots- has collapesd meaning i have lumps squeezing my feet. hugely uncomfortable. Plenty of life left in the boots so a little peeved!