I know where I'd start the cuts.

Tom D

Have had similar experiences many times down the years but hats now off to Tandridge; they issue free permits to locally owned vans and pickups that allow you to drive in with domestic waste. So instead of walking in two sacks of greens from my own garden and having a row with someone who has absolutely no evidence that it's trade waste I can drive in and be smiled at as I dump garden greens, timber, metal, paper... The whole experience has turned round as a result of the scheme.

There are 2 municipal tips about the same distance from me one in Tameside and one in Oldham.

Having suitable kit I end up doing tip runs for quite a few friends.

Oldham is TUPIE’d out and is absolutely pants, couldn’t be worse, they have a barrier that a 4x4 won’t fit under and the staff are absolutely belligerent. The bays were laid out by a 5 year old and they insist on coning off large areas for no other reason than to laugh at people.

Tameside are excellent to the point that they use the loader to push a load of junk off my Ifor. Couldn’t be better if they tried. Little wonder TMBC wins awards and Oldham sucks.

Andy

Me and my old man re-did our flat when we moved in. It was like something out of Life of Grime when we got the keys and had to gut the whole place and start again. We chucked all the building waste in the back garden and decided to do one big load at the end of the "job". We loaded up a little trailer (think B and Q one) and took it to the tip. Started to unload work tops and all sorts while some idle lazy git stands smoking roll-ups, without helping us.

We then open the back of his estate car to take a bit more out and 3 of them run out and start saying that we're professionals and can't tip here. So I start on one and begin what can only be described as a one man triade against tip-workers while Mercerdes sprinters are unloading around us as I slowly get more and more wound up.

This wrong'un who looks like a cross between an ugly woman and a rat, starts to tell me that we're a commercial outfit (In a Renault Laguna!!!) and "that isn't allowed" you're only allowed one small boot full a day. I reply "I'll load all this into my car and come back" to which he replys "Not today mate, you've reached your limit"

I had to get in the car to avoid the little pillock.

I hate Tip people.....

i daren't show my face at our local tip anymore after a run in with a jobsworth. Admittedly i was being a bit naughty taking a load of conifer behind the landy. the guy came up to me and said you cant tip that, its commercial waste. I replied that it was from my own garden, and i wasnt a pro. he said i must be as i was wearing chainsaw pants and had a lid in the back of landy, i said only an idiot would use a saw without the pants on, to which he replied, well i dont when i chainsaw..... my witty retort of "and thats why you work at the *@ing tip" was not well recieved and got me a telling off from his boss as i left with my empty trailer!

Classic!:lol::thumbup:

that is rediculus, lazy people who can not give up one minute of their tea break to help you:thumbdown::thumbdown:

Hey, fair play, a tea break is a tea break.

But when the tea breaks last all day...

I did a stint for a council a while back. At some point in their history the union had clearly determined that it was not fair that the office staff could go to the canteen when the outdoor staff couldn't... so places were provided for the outdoor staff to take their tea breaks.

Which of course means that by the time you've arrived on site (had your surreptitious cuppa) and set up, it is nearly time to pack up and go for the official tea break. :?

I got into terrible trouble one time when they sent me out with another subbie and we actually turned a proper day's work. :blushing: