Police incompetence!!!!!!!!

skyhuck

I always believed that the UK police would put them selves in harms way to protect the public, how very naive I was.

The fact that this took almost 3 hours, 12 people where killed and others injured, but not one police officer was even slightly injured, speaks volumes too me.

Do you know how remote the area is though mate ?

We are in the middle of nowhere and the amount of little side roads and tracks etc is immense, coupled with his knowledge of the roads makes for a very difficult task

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What really naffs me off is people sign up for the police (and used to in the army but not now) expecting a nice cushy career out of it.

In reality, you are signing up to put your life on the line to save other, no ifs no buts. You are there to lay your life on the line to save another.

Your not there to stand by whating people being slaughtered until it's bomb proof safe for you to make a move

Squaddies dont have that luxury and know full well that when they sign up they have a very good chance of dying.

What really naffs me off is people sign up for the police (and used to in the army but not now) expecting a nice cushy career out of it.

In reality, you are signing up to put your life on the line to save other, no ifs no buts. You are there to lay your life on the line to save another.

Your not there to stand by whating people being slaughtered until it's bomb proof safe for you to make a move

Squaddies dont have that luxury and know full well that when they sign up they have a very good chance of dying.

Whilst be armed too the teeth.

Sellafield has a fully armed police force 24/7 and he drove right past there.

Was too late for most of the victims by then of course, but surely they could have been mobilised ?

the atomic energy constabulary or whatever it calls itself these days are tasked with guarding sellafield and other power stations like it against people like this and can only be called on to assist civilian forces by the chief constable of each force so by the time the request would have filtered down to the blokes at sellafield deryck bird would have probably killed another half dozen people. red tape is to blame imo.

Who din't get chance to open fire,

We'll see

We were talking originally about the officers who were there and who witnessed the shootings, then, who followed and stopped to help someone instead of carrying on following.

I still cant believe the helicopter couldn't track him with the flood of calls coming in laying down a trail, the the coptor was in the air it could have been at an emergency call in seconds.

The reason it wasn't, I suspect, is that they thought he had a high calibre weapon and could have shot it down

I can remember not long back when armed Police misread a dangerous situation and drilled a chap. They got it wrong and have been rightly censured. But what would have happened if they were right and the fellow was going to let off a bomb and killed bystanders.

In this case, I think that the one guy was right to stop and help a shot person, and the other two should have followed at a remote distance. They weren't trained to deal with the situation and only may have aggravated it.

For me, I would have floored the throttle in the Transit van and smeared the chap up the street and worried about the consequences later!

Easy for us to sit here with full knowledge and hindsight.

Maybe the feds would have done a bit more if they had known he would go on to kill another 9 people?

Mind you, they won't even go into pikey camps these days.....

Just saying, none of us were there, and certainly not knowing what we know now.

Weird thing is, everyone is saying what a nice bloke he was. Shows how easy it can be for someone to lose it completely.

Tommer, I wasn't trying to tip you over the edge with the Land Rover crack mate!

Easy for us to sit here with full knowledge and hindsight.

Maybe the feds would have done a bit more if they had known he would go on to kill another 9 people?

Mind you, they won't even go into pikey camps these days.....

Just saying, none of us were there, and certainly not knowing what we know now.

Weird thing is, everyone is saying what a nice bloke he was. Shows how easy it can be for someone to lose it completely.

Tommer, I wasn't trying to tip you over the edge with the Land Rover crack mate!

Good post:thumbup1: