firewood business

Charleton Chips

if you are going to start a business, then you need to do some homework, you cannot expect to have it handed on a plate,,,look around the forum, there's plenty of info on here,

Ditto,

Every Tom, Dick and Harry is starting a firewood business. If you want it to be a good business there are no short-cuts to learning it.

i'm starting a firewood business up . Which is the best way to transport the firewood. And which is the best truck for haulage and firewood production machinery.

Sorry to sound so pessimistic but as the question is so vague I have a feeling that this business is doomed to failure to start with. His may be because you are new to the forum and wanted to test the water with your first thread.

Best way to transport firewood? Depends on quantity and where you are transporting it too. If you want to transport a wheelbarrow full across a lawn, then use a wheelbarrow. If you want to transport 10tonne through a forest uphill then don't use a wheelbarrow.

How much you want to produce will determine what sort of processor you want.

If you where to be more specific then you might be able to get a bit more help. Lots of knowlegable lads on here willing to offer a tip or two.

Good luck.

the best is..............................................your choice after demos and research

my best, may not be yours, but could be franks, TCD's best could be daves but not AD15's

most importantly

the best is whatever you can afford to make it work

oh, by the way, i hope you like hard work, getting cold and wet, answering daft questions, jambed fingers, nails ripped off, bruising, sawdust in eyes, cancelled orders at the last minute, fixing machines and stacking wood

good luck mate:biggrin:

oh, by the way, i hope you like hard work, getting cold and wet, answering daft questions, jambed fingers, nails ripped off, bruising, sawdust in eyes, cancelled orders at the last minute, fixing machines and stacking wood

good luck mate:biggrin:

Oh sooo true:thumbup1: ouch

20100606_4.jpg.3585d1841a06c4021ed57c803cb6efd5.jpg

the best is..............................................your choice after demos and research

my best, may not be yours, but could be franks, TCD's best could be daves but not AD15's

most importantly

the best is whatever you can afford to make it work

good luck mate

:dito:

It probably seems to you that coz your new on here and dont know anything about what you want to do, everyone is giving you:thefinger:. You probably now feel a bit disappointed, but with a bit of research as said earlier you can find out everything you want. Don't be:blushing: cos you'll soon know what its like in the firewood trade and you may end up going:001_tt2: to us all. One bit of advice i would give is, if there is anyone else doing firewood within 10 miles of you, dont bother, as you'll both end up with half a business and neither of you will make any money.