New range of STEIN Chainsaw Boots

Nigel

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They look good. My personal preferance is for quality leather over high tech waterproof linners but that wouldnt stop me trying them if I liked the feel of them. My boots are coming to the end of there life at the moment and I will definatly consider these. Are the vibram units repaceable by a cobbler, and which of the 3 boots are the most rigid.

Cheers Will.

If you would like a pair reviewed I would be more than happy to oblige

Hi Andy, would be good to see a picture of your STEINs after 2-years of use

No worries, these boots are worn every day, as they are so comfy, at work, to walk the dog, gardening etc. i dub them at least once a week to keep the leather fed, and they are dried properly if the leather is soaked. In one pic is the only bit of wear, the leather and rubber coming apart on the LH boot, properly down to heavier wear on that side since I hurt my knee tbh. If its fair to grumble, the only critcism I have is that the sole is too soft, and standing on a large stone, or stub, hurts through the boot. But thats it.

IMG00167-20100614-1602.jpg.2d37250337e8b1084f76bbd172118964.jpg

IMG00166-20100614-1602.jpg.6970c3ec7e76d986e7337b4b64fcd21a.jpg

IMG00165-20100614-1601.jpg.2f8907d079890095af0a364b079af0c5.jpg

If its fair to grumble, the only critcism I have is that the sole is too soft, and standing on a large stone, or stub, hurts through the boot. But thats it.

The Vibram soles on the new ones should cure that problem Andy, I've got them on a few shoes & boots and they're the business.

• 6 years later...

Hmmmm I bought a pair of Stein Explorer 3's late December last year, they have only had light use for 7 months and one of the metal eyelets popped off this morning... Very annoying as my old "cheap" boots before these (No Risk) lasted me 2 years.

I must say they are very comfy though but if you only get half a year out of them :ohmy: