Beech Removal-Traverse

RC0

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Would it make any difference at all if the rope were to be run down the back of the tree instead of same side as the intended landing zone

Yes that would help a bit, but more importantly if it goes down the back, over larger and larger branches, this could stop you from ripping the tope of the tree clean off!!

i.e. in a fail, the lower branches would take up the load until eventually the tree stops breaking. Useful if you are tied in above the TIP.

We use this quite often, havign the lowering rope run up the back of a weak tree so that in the case of failure the climbers journey to the ground would at least be slower!

Good video. Its very similar to the system we use-tensioning the speedline on the grsc and using a portawrap to secure the control line. I like the use of the double lowering bollard to keep both lines tidy and in easy reach, but I like the speed of the grcs for raising the line under load.

just wondered which husky top handle is used in this video ?

thanks

Nice work as allways reg.

it was a 338xp

only untill yesterday i had 3 200ts that didnt work on the bench after around £350 on parts they are going again and two are going on ebay!and the only saw that kept me going was was the 338!

I see by tims drawings the correct way now ,have snapped anchore limbs out on speed lines...did a willow recently that we had about 80% out over a small stream and it worked a treat, but was very cautious not too overload the system... and chose an achore that was not any where near my climbing line anchore, but that worked fully to the advantage of using the speed line any way, just need a longer rope now .