stolen logs

armchairarborist

got up this morning to see a tractor piled high with my logs pulling out of the shared yard i use, was long gone before i could get there, the guy im sharing the yard with said he could take a load of the old logs away.. but the plank took my best stuff, big larch, big oak and big copper beech and left the old stuff, im pretty mad about it and had 30tonnes stolen last year from a different yard, getting sick of me doing all the work and someone else freeloading before i get chance to draw a penny from it..:thumbdown:

Thats the problem Ed, give them an inch...............

I had the same problem so I stopped it off completely because people just took the mick (no offence Mick)

I told a freind of a friend they could take this pile of conifer and pop from the corner of the yard, there must have been at least 20 tons of the stuff.

It took him a long time to shift something like 12 months bit by bit... when the pile had gone he simply started on my pile of ringed up to size hard woods, was twelve month before I realised, so how much had he taken in that time, I reckon on a £1k's worth !!

I confronted him and he played numb, he knew damb well what he was doing. You cant do favours for people ed, they just take advantage of your good nature.

Best thing to do with any wood you dont want is to either take it straight to someone and give it them or burn it on site. But dont let anyone into your yard and trust them to be right with you.