NPTC Training?

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah I no it happends mate this is just an utterly confusing thread. I thought NPTC did the training to but to be honest Im not fussed its not an interesting subject its one full of confusion and 'bang your head against a wall' big co operation rubbish where they change the rules to suit themselves.

As long as I get good trianing and a fair assesment then I could'nt give a monkeys who ran the training or assesment

:thumbup::thumbup:

This guy just made a point about training. Its not hard to understand. He may have had more useful information.

There have been hundreds of pointless threads on arbtalk, shall I start naming them?

Why have you set the dogs on him?

This guy just made a point about training. Its not hard to understand. He may have had more useful information.

There have been hundreds of pointless threads on arbtalk, shall I start naming them?

I must admit maybe I did come along a bit strong and I apologise for that.

ditto

LANTRA and NPTC are essentially completely different organisations.

LANTRA has a dual role: it is the Sector Skills Council for land-based industries. That means that it is responsible for ensuring that employers get the training that the industry requires; it defines an over-arching document that lets training providers know what needs to be covered (it's called the National Occupational Standards).

LANTRA is also a training body, and accredited LANTRA trainers ONLY can provide their courses.

NPTC is part of City & Guilds, and is, in effect, the industry assessor. It provides the assessment schedules, assessors and verifiers needed to ensure a consistent quality to the assessment. That's the idea anyway.

You do not need to take training to undertake an NPTC assessment, however training will help you to know what is expected of you for the assessment and many trainers will try their absolute best to help everyone reach the required standard.

So, NPTC training is now more than a shorthand way of talking about the training that you complete in order to take the NPTC assessment.

Cheers,

DriveLink.