• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thats a cracking reduction mate.
thankyou!

Nice one Josh top work mate! :thumbup:

cheers dan!

hey josh looks nice out there man, looking to get out of the country myself in the spring any ideas apart from the obvious eg arbjobs

spring is when people want you over here (early to mid april), best start looking december time so you have time for a trial week, ect. arbjobs is youre best bet i reckon :001_smile:

Lovely reduction Josh and lovely weather! Looks like you're having a ruddy good time out there!

cheers rob, heres one for you, a fell from friday, shame i diddnt have an alaskan, i reckon there might be a market for planking timber on site here, especially oak as theres lots of oaks, and swedes think it burns too hot so chuck it:confused1: its minus 20 outside in winter and oak burns too hot:lol:

597657392992a_sweden040710017.jpg.1b7416efb09e94926c342777ce71d40e.jpg

A former collegue had (or still does?) a mobile mill he used to do quite à bit. Josh, ask your boss about Olle, he might be intrested.

what sort of mill was it Tobias? an alaskan bolt on to chainsaw type mill, or band saw type? do you reckon swedes would like their trees planked? alot of gardens seem to have sawn timber kicking about or things being built. . . ohh just had a brain wave, there is a market for it and i know where, for sure:biggrin: definatly be bringing the 88 and alaskan over now :thumbup:

A big Logosol I think... With a 066 or somefing...

He custombuilt his kitchen with oak from customers gardens.

There is no tradition of building stuff from oak as all oak belonged to the crown up to 1930ies due to old laws... for shipbuilding. Newer heard anyone use green oak for building in sweden. Any info about how to go about this?

With the right setup, a yard to dry it and a few ads it should sell. I tried to flog some fresh timber for boat builders and carpenters, no one was interested as they rather bought oak from abroad that was dry..?!? (I even offered them freelogs?:confused1:

ok, oak seems to be wasted here then! too hot to burn and not a traditional building material. i'll still start asking people as we're either cutting soft woods into rings for them to split or transport takes all wood inc oak to the big mulcher. theres an un explored buisness somewhere along these lines it seems. i still reckon i know of one niche area planking would be a big hit :001_cool:

Nice RJ Josh.

whats rj?

Those Big Oaks will be loverly to Mill mate!

No Bullets or Shrapnel in them,the Swedes let the Germans March through with Cheary Waves and Feliciations.

Youre just bad :001_tt2: what about the odd swastika?